Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karl Brooks loss of a great ski racer

catalinaskiracer
    Ski racing will never will never be the same,
    To the friends and family of Great Britain's Karl Brooks who was tragically killed in a skiing accident on Lake Mead June 14th.
    For more information or to send thoughts and condolences to the family: http://www.skirace.net/?p=206
    My prayers to his family and friends!

catalinaskiracer
    bump

27 Awesome cat
    Condolences to the family...

RiverToysJas
    wow...very sad. Just 25yo too. Prayers to the family.
    RTJas

Riverkid
    Heard about this Friday. Terrible loss.

Firecracker
    I didn't personally know Karl, but losing someone in the same sport I participate in is heartbreaking.
    My condolences go out to his family and close friends.

Racey
    I had gotten to know Karl pretty well over the last few weeks, i was his wing-man when we got left with the skater all memorial weekend, after that i remember thinking to myself what a cool guy he was, and how he'd be one of those guys that would be a friend for life, he fit right in like he had been around for years, I can't express how terrible of a loss this is, he was the greatest guy, had a great personality, and was very humble about everything he did. I will never forget the guy, and at least i can say that he had a great life so far, especially over the last few weeks hanging out with him. He had done more in his life time than many of us would ever dream of, and he will be truly missed. My condolences go out to his family, you raised one hell of a son.

Riverkid
    I had gotten to know Karl pretty well over the last few weeks, i was his wing-man when we got left with the skater all memorial weekend, after that i remember thinking to myself what a cool guy he was, and how he'd be one of those guys that would be a friend for life, he fit right in like he had been around for years, I can't express how terrible of a loss this is, he was the greatest guy, had a great personality, and was very humble about everything he did. I will never forget the guy, and at least i can say that he had a great life so far, especially over the last few weeks hanging out with him. He had done more in his life time than many of us would ever dream of, and he will be truly missed. My condolences go out to his family, you raised one hell of a son.

Racey you are The Man. How many people came come from out of the country and get exposed to what Karl did. Very, very few. He went out doing what he loved. His family must know this. His race team must be hurting as well. God bless them all.

catalinaskiracer
    bump

catalinaskiracer
    I don't know all the facts but from what I hear he was out practicing at Mead and went down and apperently broke his neck but like I said I don't have all the details all I know is a great skier is lost! and from what I know a VERY GOOD person! That's the real loss!
    Gery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast