Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pics

El Prosecutor
    Posting Pictures
    If you want to post pictures from your own computer the picture must first be uploaded to to an internet server. This is called “hosting”.
    One free and easy place to host your pictures is www.photobucket.com .
    You can create a free account and follow their directions and you will be uploading pictures in just a few minutes.
    Once you have uploaded the pictures to the hosting site, the image will have its own “URL”, which is basically just a very specific web address. The URL is the information you need to make the picture appear in your post. You can find the URL of almost any picture on the internet by right clicking on the picture, and clicking “Properties" on the drop down menu.
    A dialog box will appear with a bunch of information about the picture, including the URL.
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...roperties2.jpg
    To insert a picture in to a post on a message board it is easiest to just have two windows open on your computer; one window with the message you are writing and one with the picture(s) you want to use. This second window could be your photobucket page, or any other internet page that is displaying the picture you want to include in your message.
    Start typing your message and when you get to the point in your message that you want to insert the image, click on the mountain icon:
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...magesIcon2.jpg
    A "script prompt" will open, asking you to provide the URL of the image you want to insert. (If your computer asks if you "want to run scripted windows on this page" click "yes", then click the mountain icon again and the script prompt box will appear).
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...agesPopup2.jpg
    Switch back to the window displaying the image you want to insert. Right click on the picture and click “Properties” from the menu. Copy the entire URL.
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...roperties2.jpg
    Go back to the window displaying thyour message and "Paste" the entire URL into the Script Prompt box and click O.K.
    Your image will be inserted in to your post, and you can finish up your post with more text, more pictures, or whatever else you want.
    PHOTOBUCKET USERS ONLY:
    ***The instructions above are generic and should work with images hosted anywhere on the internet. If you are using images hosted on the Photobucket site, they provide a shortcut for you, whereby you can simply "single click" on the "IMG Code" underneath the picture and paste it directly in to the body of your message without having to click on the mountain icon or use the script prompt box.

Sleeper CP
    Thanks for that lesson. I'll try to put it to use.
    Thanks again,
    Sleeper CP

Thanks I Needed That.

msmeads1
    thanks for taking the time to explain this to all of us.
    I have been very frustrated with trying to post pic's. Your instructions make it look easy?
    Thanks again.

acatitude
    guess its good info but doesnt work for me.. I have them in the bucket . but when i try to upload to HB it says invalid url or some other error and when i try to click on pic and move it hb gets disconnected . i amn a true retard. i tried all the options none worked this sux

acatitude
    i cnat get the pic to show up

acatitude
    easy for you to say, I can only get the link to post no pic.. i give up

skyskier
    easy for you to say, I can only get the link to post no pic.. i give up
    yeah......what he said what step are are missing????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast