Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My dog was almost killed

78Eliminator
    My girlfriend was walking the dogs last night (we have two chihuahuas) when an unleashed dog ran from his yard and grabbed the female "Penny" by her neck and tried to kill her like dogs do to rabbits by shaking them violently. Eventually the owners came and pulled the dog away and got him to release Penny. She had three large lacerations on her chest right below her neck. She was drenched in blood. We rushed her to the ER and the doctor said he couldn't operate immediately because she was in shock and we had also just fed her an hour earlier. Lucky for us her lungs were not punctured and no major arteries were bit.
    So the doctor bandaged her up and put her on an IV for about an hour then sent her home with some pain medicine. I didn't sleep all night because she was screaming in pain about once every 10 minutes and wincing in between the screaming. This morning we took her back to be operated on. The dog that got her is a little larger than a german shepard but is solid white so you can imagine the damage to a 9 lb dog like Penny.
    Anyways, she is being operated on right now to stitch her muscle tissue and skin back together. She has to be on an IV for two days so that means she stays over night tonight at the hospital. I already really miss my dog. I am just glad she was not killed. At the same time I am really upset at my neighbor. Why he would leave his dog in his front yard, unleashed is beyond me......especially if his dog is violent.
    So we get to pick her up tomorrow at 6PM. Here is a picture of her as we left her this morning in pre-op.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0612070842.jpg

DesertGirl
    Poor thing. I hope she heals quickly!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Same thing happened to one of our dogs a few years back. We were devasted but she recovered and is going on 13 yrs old now!!
    Hope your little one heals quickly!!

78Eliminator
    Same thing happened to one of our dogs a few years back. We were devasted but she recovered and is going on 13 yrs old now!!
    Hope your little one heals quickly!!
    Hearing that makes me feel a lot better. Thank you.

All-Star
    The little dog was attacked by an Owl two weeks ago. I guess she was heavier then she looked. When I fainally got to her, She was drenched in blood. I was so scared. But the vet said that she will be totally fine. But still to this day she is so jumpy. Her nerves are just fried.
    So I totally feel for you.
    I wish your puppy a speedy recovery.

KineticoH20
    Sorry to hear that, the same thing happened to my wife walking our dog. Two pit bulls broke through a window and tore him up pretty good, thank god he survived. Hope yours is ok, looks like the vet has him squared away pretty good.

Steamin' Rice
    Hope your dog recovers - It's really frustrating to me when dog owners let their dog off leash - There have been a few times when I have been walking my dog, and a dog that's off the leash comes running up with the owner nowhere to be found. Most of the time they just want to play, but sometimes you can't tell, and a dog that is on a leash can get agressive when an off leash dog comes running up to it.

OC28HEAT
    Make sure the owners of the dog pay the bill. My Friends mom was on the news thed other night because she was attatcked by two Pit Bulls and her dog killed.
    Responscible pet ownership is important.

78Eliminator
    Make sure the owners of the dog pay the bill. My Friends mom was on the news thed other night because she was attatcked by two Pit Bulls and her dog killed.
    Responscible pet ownership is important.
    You know it. The bill is already at $2,000 and I don't pick her up until tomorrow.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Sorry to hear about Penny. I pray for a speedy recovery and that she will be okay.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast