Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impeller inducer question?????

widowmaker
    For those of you out there racing tunnels like the daytona and cheyenne. I want to know if the impeller inducers are worth the time and money spent for improving holeshot, and do they shroud the impeller in anyway at the top end? Maybe Cyclone and CS19 can give their two cents, and anyone else that has one in there boat and can attest to actually differences made just by installing an inducer, perhaps half track times???
    At this point I have just got the boat back from getting a rounded keel put on the boat and it turned out bitchen. Not to mention there was a 1/4 of hook in the boat next to the intake fins. (ouch) good thing that got resolved too.
    I swung by MPD on the way home and spoke to Jack and he recommended several items. One of which was the impeller inducer and detailing the impeller.
    I have a lathe and a mill, and was considering doing it myself along with sending the impeller to have it detailed. I currently have an AQ shaft which I believe is the good one to have.
    Lots of questions so thank you in advance guys

djdtpr
    I run one in my stealth and would recomend it for sure. I dont know what kind of power you are running but it really helped mine. I also run a detailed impeller and bowl the inducer is detailed also. You should notice a pretty big difference with the bottom done also.

hotbo
    well idont have a tunnel boat or a lite layup boat.i have a 18ft taylor sj with e pump and b impeller.i bought one last year and it did help my holeshot minumal and it cuased my pump to cavitate on the big end and cost me 3mph.:devil: no i dont have alot of experience with the inducers only what i was told so i wasted money alot of money and time.look in other areas before you buy a band aid

IMPATIENT 1
    well idont have a tunnel boat or a lite layup boat.i have a 18ft taylor sj with e pump and b impeller.i bought one last year and it did help my holeshot minumal and it cuased my pump to cavitate on the big end and cost me 3mph.:devil: no i dont have alot of experience with the inducers only what i was told so i wasted money alot of money and time.look in other areas before you buy a band aid
    omg, its travis on ***boats i got dibs on the inducer you pulled off! i should know before july if i'll need 1 trav.

Pops@Aggressor
    Nothing is better then a natural system. Meaning the cleanest quickest Line/least resistence. 2 stage pumps have been around in our industry since the 1950s. and always used for a specific purpose. Again- its a Band Aid vs a clean worked out bottom and loading program. All Pre-load Impellers produced today will cause you cavation just by the nature of the beast. A Axial Impeller slings water as a much like a prop will.
    5-6 years ago a Blown Gas Race Team(Dan Nelson Ran a NJBA 7.27-7.29 & 7.31 none were allowed by the board for some clock reasons or politics, so Dan gave NJBA the flip off and went the next day to IHBA and ran a 7.63 that alone made the NJBA number good-and I use this only to qualify the next) Dan ran 4 sets of pre-load in and pre-load out, No change in the numbers only cavatation showed up while running the pre-loader in. Proof of the cavatation -Speed coating -he could make 8-10 passes on, while the pre-loaded condition took out all the speed coat in one run.
    #2 both pre-loaders on the marked today produce over 400 Gals/P/M & the other over 550 Gals/P/M more then the total output of Dans Pump - Which for us is the highest pump we have ever calculated @4880+ (basis: full on-board system, full sensors pedo tube @ exit. Data was turned over to Chevron pump engineer for review and calculations).
    I don't disagree with the use, Yet a good bottom and set up still proves to be the cleanest line: notice Dan still is the record holder in Blown Gas E.T. IHBA. Dan quit as he later was not allowed to run under a 8.0 E.T. while stuck with a 7.70 Baseline which would disqualify him should he run under the 8.0 number. Rumor has it, some of Tom's teaching stuck with a lot who will be showing up in the near future across the country and I see a old desert rat by the name of Vic is out there with his son in law starting to bust some chops also- Vic is a old spanker from the Ross Wilder, Tom Papp Team when Tom worked for Pappy.
    Right after Tom passed away I was ready to sell or quit. But then Darren & Brian (Toms TPR, now Bad Habits Racing) started calling. Vic a long old friend, found a son in law who wants to race and be taught, Frank Nagore who went down this road, found the Racers to be the ones to come thru and has commited to complete what is to be a test & tune year for his program. Frank just ran a 7.31 this past week & called me Sat & Sunday enjoying each stage mark he hits. Yesterday another Friend called who I helped get set in the right direction, sent to Tom for the right hull. This guy has the rear kicker if ever. He comes off the trailer at 149 and 7.50 ET in a IHBA event, followed up with a great showing @ the Smoke on the Water & a great World Finals. He had been sold a program by another and changed from our product as he had blown up our Bowl. I understood when he left & yet also convinced on load not right and it will happen again if thats the case. What I did learn, the change over caused him to put 4% more boost in the motor to run the same 8.0 min ET he is allowed ( No Capsule IHBA). If I can get him to let Phil Roshem (another TOM schooled man)help him on his set-up, I think he will see all the rewards due him. Anyway all this is bringing reason to hang in there, and to those of you that are caught up in the loss of Tom- go slow on your changes and be very careful in who you let help. I expect a lot of fake Guru's like we had 6-7 years ago. - I see panic on some while others are doing what was taught to them. 140s have been here and 150s are comming 7.50s reached and 6.80s are comming. No fly high today -thats just old HP style if your high and loose your digging a hole and leaving that footprint- What it is -Is what it is. " TOM PAPP"

djdtpr
    Nothing is better then a natural system. Meaning the cleanest quickest Line/least resistence. 2 stage pumps have been around in our industry since the 1950s. and always used for a specific purpose. Again- its a Band Aid vs a clean worked out bottom and loading program. All Pre-load Impellers produced today will cause you cavation just by the nature of the beast. A Axial Impeller slings water as a much like a prop will.
    5-6 years ago a Blown Gas Race Team(Dan Nelson Ran a NJBA 7.27-7.29 & 7.31 none were allowed by the board for some clock reasons or politics, so Dan gave NJBA the flip off and went the next day to IHBA and ran a 7.63 that alone made the NJBA number good-and I use this only to qualify the next) Dan ran 4 sets of pre-load in and pre-load out, No change in the numbers only cavatation showed up while running the pre-loader in. Proof of the cavatation -Speed coating -he could make 8-10 passes on, while the pre-loaded condition took out all the speed coat in one run.
    #2 both pre-loaders on the marked today produce over 400 Gals/P/M & the other over 550 Gals/P/M more then the total output of Dans Pump - Which for us is the highest pump we have ever calculated @4880+ (basis: full on-board system, full sensors pedo tube @ exit. Data was turned over to Chevron pump engineer for review and calculations).
    I don't disagree with the use, Yet a good bottom and set up still proves to be the cleanest line: notice Dan still is the record holder in Blown Gas E.T. IHBA. Dan quit as he later was not allowed to run under a 8.0 E.T. while stuck with a 7.70 Baseline which would disqualify him should he run under the 8.0 number. Rumor has it, some of Tom's teaching stuck with a lot who will be showing up in the near future across the country and I see a old desert rat by the name of Vic is out there with his son in law starting to bust some chops also- Vic is a old spanker from the Ross Wilder, Tom Papp Team when Tom worked for Pappy.
    Right after Tom passed away I was ready to sell or quit. But then Darren & Brian (Toms TPR, now Bad Habits Racing) started calling. Vic a long old friend, found a son in law who wants to race and be taught, Frank Nagore who went down this road, found the Racers to be the ones to come thru and has commited to complete what is to be a test & tune year for his program. Frank just ran a 7.31 this past week & called me Sat & Sunday enjoying each stage mark he hits. Yesterday another Friend called who I helped get set in the right direction, sent to Tom for the right hull. This guy has the rear kicker if ever. He comes off the trailer at 149 and 7.50 ET in a IHBA event, followed up with a great showing @ the Smoke on the Water & a great World Finals. He had been sold a program by another and changed from our product as he had blown up our Bowl. I understood when he left & yet also convinced on load not right and it will happen again if thats the case. What I did learn, the change over caused him to put 4% more boost in the motor to run the same 8.0 min ET he is allowed ( No Capsule IHBA). If I can get him to let Phil Roshem (another TOM schooled man)help him on his set-up, I think he will see all the rewards due him. Anyway all this is bringing reason to hang in there, and to those of you that are caught up in the loss of Tom- go slow on your changes and be very careful in who you let help. I expect a lot of fake Guru's like we had 6-7 years ago. - I see panic on some while others are doing what was taught to them. 140s have been here and 150s are comming 7.50s reached and 6.80s are comming. No fly high today -thats just old HP style if your high and loose your digging a hole and leaving that footprint- What it is -Is what it is. " TOM PAPP"
    Things like this put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.Thanks i apreciate the input.I was with Vics son in law last weekend helping him out they are great people.

hotbo
    wow what write up mr.agressor.
    this inducer is b.s. in my opinion .
    when i bought mine oh thye were the greatest.more guys i know hate them than love them.they can help load the pump more efficently but will generally always hurt the big end and thats were it counts.:jawdrop: i was tryin to read pump pressure in my pump with mine in trying to fine a cavitation problem i have could not read accurate with it in.took it out with the advice of a long time friend and pump guru here in arkansas.bigo 90% cavitation gone pump pressure came up and gained 3mph.now thats no coincidence:jawdrop:
    torpedo you want dibs you got it.bro you better fix your pump the natural way though.

djdtpr
    when i bought mine oh thye were the greatest.more guys i know hate them than love them.they can help load the pump more efficently but will generally always hurt the big end and thats were it counts.:jawdrop: i was tryin to read pump pressure in my pump with mine in trying to fine a cavitation problem i have could not read accurate with it in.took it out with the advice of a long time friend and pump guru here in arkansas.bigo 90% cavitation gone pump pressure came up and gained 3mph.now thats no coincidence:jawdrop:
    torpedo you want dibs you got it.bro you better fix your pump the natural way though.
    I have nothing but good to say about mine. At the hit of the throttle i could not get just an impeller to bite. Usuall in drag racing its all about how hard you can get them to leave specialy with jets. I never noticed any cavitation on the big end that was caused by the inducer. Maybe Tommy and i got lucky with mine though! But i doubt it.

RCB19
    Who set up your pump??? Ever think that might be the problem? The detail on the DPS inducer is pretty crude out of the box and needs some attention just like an impeller does. I have heard of situations on certain applications where there was no gain at all but I have never heard of anyone going backwards in performance after the install.

hotbo
    i never said that i was right or wrong on the inducer mine pump did not like it period.i set my own pumps up.my pump is a e-pump.not every boat needs one try your best to fix the problem without it.scotts marine in hot springs arkansas has been around along time like alot of other jet pump guys.he hates them everything he puts them in they do no good and he has reported loses with them.if you set a pump up right they generally do okay with the inital hit of the foot pedal.now not all boats will load the pump without them. he has several high horsepower boats in every application he put them in he lost speed maybe minumal but still lost.remember waht mr aggressor said naturall is the best.he has 1 boat that has a agreesor pump in it.tx-18 he makes these boats has his old molds.anyway that boat slipps no matter what he did with a 900h.8-71 blowe bbc.put the inducer in and it helped his holeshot but hurt the big end.3 mph.but in another boat with a bekley pump and the same motor the boat will not slip a ounce the naturall way.both boats had a impellers truned 6300rpm.identical to one another.the problem can be in the bowl impeller intake ect.just sayin try every thing possible before you pay 300+ for one of the little bugers.no 2 boats are the same.not trying to be a smart elec and tell every one they wrong with them in there,just simply do your best before you band aid it.
    as for my pump.my boat so far has gone opposite of every one elses normal stuff to make you go fast.bought high dollar inducer loader shoe ride plate droop straight snoot get the picture.they all hurt me i tuned every thing the best i could before i went back and swithed to some thing people even said would not work.bingo worked for my boat.the name of my boat is dazed and confused no you know why:idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast