Thread: Diverter ? for the drag boats

Taylorman
    How do you guys lauch with your diverters and when do you trim them up? Do you launch with them all the way down? When do you trim them up?

IMPATIENT 1
    How do you guys lauch with your diverters and when do you trim them up? Do you launch with them all the way down? When do you trim them up?
    i wasn't pro racing or anything, but last season in my sj i'd holeshot with my divertor straight and if i though i need alittle more speed, i'd trim up to 1 notch above centered, the tail was about 4-5ft high. i sawed off over 20 boats in a row last yr like that, 17 of them were what i considered even match ups. i ran a c-bowl, no droop. a droop on most sj will kill holeshot, ask travis(hotbo) about that. i talked him into racing without snoot or droop and he sawed off alot of boats at the last taylor club meet, 3 of them where gullwings or tunnels

IMPATIENT 1
    just remember on a sj if your divertor is pointed upwards at all, the nose will lift realllly high when ya nail it and the pump may unload(cavatate hard). you want it to just jump up and push hard, not rare up on ya when you nail it at the starting line. figured out what divertor setting allows you to take off the hardest, then do that from now on. whatever divertor position allows you the most mph is where you want to trim too at half track in a sj, you have to get to half track 1st, cause they're not mph boats that start pulling harder at half track.