Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Thompson

I kind of like this guy for some reason, not knowing much about him yet. He seems like a straight shooter vs all the other double speak politico jargon being slung around.
    Wouldn't it be refreshing to vote for someone you could believe in vs voting for the best looking turd, which is the way I've viewed the last several elections.

Old Texan
    I feel the same way. Maybe it's just the early "illusion" but it would be great to have someone that actually stood up for the populace. I'm sure the arguments will flow that he can't accomplish anything as an "outsider" to the system he left behind, but we need an "outsider" to end the DC elitist attitude that's dragging us down the drain.
    Fred's getting a lot of attention and at this point "appears" as the best of a weak field on both sides. He's got that "leader" feel to him. Hopefully it isn't his acting background playing tricks.
    Need to research more about whom he really is.

I feel the same way. Maybe it's just the early "illusion" but it would be great to have someone that actually stood up for the populace. I'm sure the arguments will flow that he can't accomplish anything as an "outsider" to the system he left behind, but we need an "outsider" to end the DC elitist attitude that's dragging us down the drain.
    Fred's getting a lot of attention and at this point "appears" as the best of a weak field on both sides. He's got that "leader" feel to him. Hopefully it isn't his acting background playing tricks.
    Need to research more about whom he really is.
    From what I understand he's actually an attorney, former senator, prosecutor from the Watergate era (Nixon), and sent some government folks to jail.
    Then he somehow became an actor. And I've seen Law and Order maybe a couple times so not even familiar with his acting.

Old Texan

Glamasu
    [QUOTE=Rexone;2630032]I kind of like this guy for some reason, not knowing much about him yet. He seems like a straight shooter vs all the other double speak politico jargon being slung around.
    I agree and kinda excited for him....I like others just hope its not a smoke screen

MWJSOne
    He was head of the 911 investigation a few years back most of
    what is being offerd is alot of smoking mirrors what we can look forward is
    higher taxxes.Call your congressman and asked them what the F insted
    jamming big oil with some new taxxes (yes bend over higher gas prices)
    Why not ask them to start getting some of the oil that we went to war over
    (thats why we are there right??according to the Libs)

3 daytona`s
    I kind of like this guy for some reason, not knowing much about him yet. He seems like a straight shooter vs all the other double speak politico jargon being slung around.
    Wouldn't it be refreshing to vote for someone you could believe in vs voting for the best looking turd, which is the way I've viewed the last several elections.
    I get Dick Morris news letter and will be happy ro forward all of them to you if you wish. He has been on the Fred Thompson bandwagon for some time now. The one fact he states and this is from close aides is he does not like to work hard as in likes things to come to him then will handle it. That was not a negative statement just a statement. I have liked him for some time and like him more and more each day. Let me know if wish the letter. I know he is a tad biased he HATES the CLINTONS his former boss:idea:

bigq
    The one fact he states and this is from close aides is he does not like to work hard as in likes things to come to him then will handle it.
    Sorry, but I have no idea what you just said

bigq
    Would someone even get elected being a straight shooter?
    I would be pleasantly surprised.

3 daytona`s
    Sorry, but I have no idea what you just said
    His aides have confirmed he does not like to campain,does not like to work hard in the Senate. I`ll be more than happy to investigate more then have my 6th grade neighbor to post for me so you have a clue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast