Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***boat.com Auction......

PHOTOGLOU
    I am considering a low priced NON BINDING auction for a (1) passenger on a practice run for the Catalina ski race. Does this sound like something people would consider OK on ***boat or no?

TheCarDudes
    I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even throw in that a portion would be donated to a charity or someone who has needed help through another thread on HB.

uvindex
    I am considering a low priced NON BINDING auction for a (1) passenger on a practice run for the Catalina ski race. Does this sound like something people would consider OK on ***boat or no?Aside from HB, I'd check my liability insurance if I were you. Selling or auctioning off a ride might be considered "passengers for hire" and regular boat insurance won't cover you for that. Just sayin...

PHOTOGLOU
    I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even throw in that a portion would be donated to a charity or someone who has needed help through another thread on HB.
    I like it.....

PHOTOGLOU
    Aside from HB, I'd check my liability insurance if I were you. Selling or auctioning off a ride might be considered "passengers for hire" and regular boat insurance won't cover you for that. Just sayin...
    True. But an umbrella (homeowners policy) has already aprroved my sponsorship pkg. So I will check with them again... Trying not to involve Boat policy in this.....

uvindex
    True. But an umbrella (homeowners policy) has already aprroved my sponsorship pkg. So I will check with them again... Trying not to involve Boat policy in this.....Glad that you already checked. I'm gonna vote now.

riverbound
    you might also want to look into the licensing affects of carrying passengers for pay (Coast guard). I think if the money went towards something (such as sponsoring the race team, etc.... then it might not fall under that since they are not actuall paying you directly for the ride. The ride is more of a perk.

ULTRA21XS
    Wow sounds like one hell of a fun ride...Where do i sign up...PM me or e-maail me at travis@n-style.com

PHOTOGLOU
    you might also want to look into the licensing affects of carrying passengers for pay (Coast guard). I think if the money went towards something (such as sponsoring the race team, etc.... then it might not fall under that since they are not actuall paying you directly for the ride. The ride is more of a perk.
    OK so I will auction off the person getting there name on the back of the t-shirt and a ride is included.?. and 50% would go to a situation/Charity that is ***boat.com related.....

riverbound
    OK so I will auction off the person getting there name on the back of the t-shirt and a ride is included.?. and 50% would go to a situation/Charity that is ***boat.com related.....

Just to be safe some sort of release of liabilty might be a good idea too.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast