Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some help with some rookie questions

Running_on_Empty
    I have a 1976 sanger bubble deck....set up for a bbc. The boat's paint is almost done as well as the motor. The boat has not been in the water for some time. What kind of routine things should I check/replace on something like that.....gasket seals ect.? Also should I replace the universal joints on the drive shaft and if so with what and from who? What kind of parts other than oil pan, waterneck, and water pump do I need to make this a v-drive motor? Flexpate....Flywheel what is the difference and how would I know which one to use? PTO button is this like a driveshaft adapter....where do I get something like that? I was told my steering needs to be tightened up a bit.....this is going to be a lake rod....what kind of steering maintainence to I need to do? Any help would be great. Thank you all very much.

Running_on_Empty
    What kind of oil should I use in the casale v drive?

Running_on_Empty
    also bildge pump? Where can I get something like that for my year of boat and what should I look for when I go to buy one?

Running_on_Empty
    also I could use a resourse for tach and sending units

Mr. V-Driver
    Redline Oil Heavy (Red in Color) and Rex Marine 909-592-1000.

ROE if you PM me your phone # we will call and answer all your questions. (too much to type)..

Running_on_Empty
    are you the owner of rex marine?

old flat
    Ben: Re-seal the stuffing box, cav rod seal, and shaft log seal replace the hose also, the steer chain is good add some lube, grease the pullies and adjust the cable tension. R&R the U-joints, a good auto store will be able to match them up. the box is empty, put in the redline oil. replace those v-drive cooling hoses. Bilge pump from Overtons or West there are even some from Grangers, and replace it often, they don't last for ever, Rex can hook you up with a tach, a good truck shop or speedo shop can build you a new cable the gauges were SW, and can be replaced with automotive units, or buy really sexy ones from Rex. Give me a call and send some pics. I'm anxious too see the boat.
    STEVE

Running_on_Empty
    thanks steve....how have you been man? I will give you a call sometime soon or email you....you know more about this boat than anyone. I love it man....i devote a lot of my free time to learning about it. Thanks again for your help I hope you and your family are doing great.

Check your underwater gear. If you don't have a whirlaway, you should. Make sure your prop. shaft coupler is in good shape, It should be the newer style large 6 bolt & you need a safety colar on the prop. shaft.
    If you do not know the history of the prop. shaft I would recomend having it checked if not replaced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast