Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identify this v-drive gear box...

HM

Rattle Can Lou
    Mr. Moley...I will play. I would say that is a Halibrand box. What do I win??? By the way...are you Mitch Casale and I win some socks...

HM
    Mr. Moley...I will play. I would say that is a Halibrand box. What do I win??? By the way...are you Mitch Casale and I win some socks...
    LOL...I am trying to figure out what v-drive this is. I don't know...and I can't read the name in the picture.
    I can't make it as great of contest as mr. Ridlin as I throw all of my old shit away.

HM
    RCL - I looked up a few pictures on Halibrand and the gear box above looks a little different.
    I am picking up a boat with that v-drive in it and I only need to know how to properly describe the gear box before putting it on eBay.

lucky
    RCL - I looked up a few pictures on Halibrand and the gear box above looks a little different.
    I am picking up a boat with that v-drive in it and I only need to know how to properly describe the gear box before putting it on eBay.
    My recommendation would be to describe it as " as old as rlc " but in much better shape

Mr. V-Driver
    What kind of v-drive is this?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/447v-drive.jpg
    It is a Forward, Nuetral, and Reverse- Halibrand. They were a very unsuccessful gear box, built cheap, and sometimes didn't stay in gear.
    They,.....tried to copy our Casale Top Loader but couldn't duplicate our Craftmenship and Engineering!
    My Grandpa R.I.P., Ernie Casale and Ted Halibrand were competitors.
    Halibrand's claim to FAme was his magnesium race car wheels.
    Casale's was the V-DRives and Midget race car RearEnds!

HM
    It is a Forward, Nuetral, and Reverse- Halibrand. They were a very unsuccessful gear box, built cheap, and sometimes didn't stay in gear.
    Thanks for confirming that it is a Halibrand. I saw the F/N/R stamp and thought that was probably a bad idea that went too far. Looks like a good parts counter decoration.

HM
    You win this v-drive?

Rattle Can Lou
    Thanks Mr. Molee, I have a late 60's fuelie hydro I will put that in. I always wanted reverse in the hydro......should work well. And by the way. I did know it had reverse....just for the record. I don't want to be outdone by Mitch.

I don't want to be outdone by Mitch.
    Unless Mitch plans on stripping down to be a bareass Roudolf wallering around on deck I think you're safe RCL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast