Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got a ticket for breaking wake in Havasu?

WET HULL
    I got a ticket on Memeorial weekend coming back into Thompson's Bay. I was coasting in and carried past the bouys by about 5ft and they busted me. It was my fault and the ticket was earned. The Sherrifs told me the fine would be $35 to $50 at most. I got the bill today for $175. If you have got one, what was your fine. I am pissed they told me such a low amount, and now I get this. I feel like the courts are trying to stick it to me because I reside in Cali.

xs ultra
    Friend of mine almost did .Same thing happened went pass the bouys ,lights turned on when along side off him and toke him off his boat tested for drinking .Held him on their boat for about 20 mins to check boat reg etc.
    Let him go with a warning.If would of had been drinking he would of been screwed.

Phat Matt
    Someone told me once the buoys aren't a finish line.

XtrmWakeborder
    Weird, because on busy weekends I have seen them pull over TONS of pwcs and boats for doing more than just coasting past the bouys, and get off with just a warning... He must have been in a bad mood or you came in hot or something... Bummer

WET HULL
    I was just coasting in. Let off the throttle a little to late and speed carried me just past the line. Its not the amount that bothers me, its the fact the cops told me a much lower amount. If they said "I dont know what it will be", or "your lucky to get out for under $200" that would have been cool. I know the court sets the amount not the cops, but the cops have to have some kind of an idea you would think. Well at least the Sherrifs will have another full tank of gas in the new "Conquest Super Cop Boat" to catch the real bad guys.

riverbound
    Nope...but I did get looked at funny once for breaking wind in church once

Boatcop
    That's the reason we don't state a fine amount if we're asked.
    I usually tell them it's somewhere between $5 and $5,000 dollars. That way I'm covered. Every court sets their own fine schedule, so it varies from court to court.
    Most Boating Violations are Petty Offenses. Fines can be a maximum of $300. Those that are misdmeanors can be up to $2,500. Reckless Operation, OUI, etc.
    These are for first offenses. Subsequent violations can be substantially higher.
    There are also surcharges of up to 200% of the fine amount.

Stoneman
    I see this every weekend. Sheriff's sit at the very edge of the no wake zone issuing tickets. Kind of like a speed trap and I fail to see the point other than pure revenue enhancement.

GRUNION
    The point is to catch someone doing more than speeding. Get a clue.

jayd_jr
    I got a ticket on Memeorial weekend coming back into Thompson's Bay. I was coasting in and carried past the bouys by about 5ft and they busted me. It was my fault and the ticket was earned. The Sherrifs told me the fine would be $35 to $50 at most. I got the bill today for $175. If you have got one, what was your fine. I am pissed they told me such a low amount, and now I get this. I feel like the courts are trying to stick it to me because I reside in Cali.
    With all that stereo equipment I didnt think you could break wake! Maybe that "scoop" made the boat run faster..:devil:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast