Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parts list for complete BBC?

mlaines
    Im building my first motor and was wondering if i have everything. Does anyone know where to get (or have) a complete list of all the parts i will need for a bbc?
    Anything will help!

76ANTHONY
    Im building my first motor and was wondering if i have everything. Does anyone know where to get (or have) a complete list of all the parts i will need for a bbc?
    Anything will help!
    you doing a block? shortblock? long block?

mlaines
    Well i guess i should have specified. Im buildings a full long block. I have a block, pistons, rods bearings crank, push rods, rockers, lifters, oil pan and pump, freeze plugs, and oil galley plugs, timing chain and sprockets, fuel pump and rod, flex plate, intake manifold, carb, t-stat housing, headers, timing chain cover, gasket set, oil filter adapter, mounts, starter, distributor... I think thats it.

76ANTHONY
    Well i guess i should have specified. Im buildings a full long block. I have a block, pistons, rods bearings crank, push rods, rockers, lifters, oil pan and pump, freeze plugs, and oil galley plugs, timing chain and sprockets, fuel pump and rod, flex plate, intake manifold, carb, t-stat housing, headers, timing chain cover, gasket set, oil filter adapter, mounts, starter, distributor... I think thats it.
    ummm camshaft?

mlaines
    oh yeah got it and the cam bearings were installed when the block was bored. also have stuffed heads.

OverKill
    spark plugs, wires Carb.

BrendellaJet
    head bolts, main boltsintake bolts, starter bolts, header bolts flywheel/flexplate bolts, oil, oil filter...

mlaines
    I have got all the bolts also i bought a complete bolt set. need to get plugs and wires have not bought those yet and have a carb.

pw_Tony
    Start assembling it and get the parts as you go along. Make sure you check all your bearing clearances and putting in the crank main seal the correct way

mlaines
    thanks, i have a friend that used to build "K" boats thats going to help me but he is so busy i didn't want to bother him with this list question. Everyone is very helpful keep it coming!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast