Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coeur d' Alene Lake

ULTRA26 # 1
    Question for you guys in the NW. How strict is law enforcement with regard to mufflers on CDA Lake. My boat has an HO with CMI's and as of now, no mufflers. The exhaust is just above the water line. I'm due to put the boat on CDA June 29th.
    Thanks
    John M

CMac
    I don't see anything about sound levels.
    Coeur d'Alene Lake Rules of the Waterway
    Vessels passing head-on shall keep to the right.
    Vessels overtaking another vessel may do so on either side, but must grant the right-of-way to the vessel being over-taken.
    When vessels are passing at right angles, the vessel on the left will yield right of way to vessel on the right.
    Motor boats shall yield right-of-way to non-motor powered boats except as follows:
    a) When being overtaken by non-powered vessels.
    b) For deep draft vessels that have to remain in narrow channels.
    c) When vessel is towing another vessel.
    Motor boats must maintain a direct course when passing sailboats.
    Any vessel approaching a landing dock or pier shall yield the right-of-way to any departing vessel.
    Any vessel departing shoreline or tributary shall yield right-of-way to through traffic and vessels approaching shoreline or tributary.
    Vessels will not abruptly change course without first determining that it can be safely done without risk of collision with another vessel.
    If an operator fails to fully understand course of an approaching vessel he must slow down immediately to a speed barely sufficient for steerageway until the other vessel has passed.
    Vessels yielding right-of-way shall reduce speed, stop, reverse, or alter course to avoid collision. Vessel with right-of-way shall hold course and speed. If there is danger of collision, all vessels will slow down, stop, or reverse until danger is averted.
    Vessels will issue warning signals in fog or thick weather.
    No mechanically propelled vessel shall be operated in a circular course around any other vessel or any person swimming.
    In a narrow channel, vessels will keep to the right of mid-channel.
    Vessels approaching or passing another vessel shall be operated in such manner and at such rate of speed as will not create a hazardous wash or wake.
    No vessel shall obstruct or interfere with take-off, landing, or taxiing of aircraft.
    All vessels shall be operated at reasonable speeds for given situations and must be under the completed control of the operator at all times.
    No person shall, under any circumstances, operate a vessel in excess of an established speed zone.
    No vessel or person shall obstruct or block navigation channel, entrance to channel, mooring slip, landing dock, launching ramp, pier or tributary.
    Vessels shall keep at least 100 feet clearance of displayed diver's flag.
    Operator shall maintain a proper lookout.

Havasu1986
    P.M. ClownRoyal..He lives there in the summer.

BOOGEYMAN
    I live in spokane wich is about 40 minutes from Coeur d' Alene Lake and lots of people were getting noise tickets 2 weeks ago when it was real nice and everyone was out!! Lots of big cat's and deep v's just tied up all weekend because there were not allowed to run.
    They were checking right at the launches and if it didnt pass you were told to pack up and go home. The cops said this year they are going to strictly enforce the noise laws and make a difference.......We never go there anymore, its turned into a big yuppi hangout.
    Lake Roosevelt is where most of the big boats show up to play anymore, be lots of 38 to 42 ft cat and V'S with triple blown bigs block sets ups on the weekend of the 4th. Thats where we hang out now.
    Travis.

Racey
    These god damn noise laws have gone too far...... that's all i'm gonna say on the subject, and i don't give a chit if you live on a lake, i personally love waking up to a dry headered flatty making a 7000rpm pass at 6:30 in the am

ULTRA26 # 1
    I don't see anything about sound levels.
    Coeur d'Alene Lake Rules of the Waterway
    Vessels passing head-on shall keep to the right.
    Vessels overtaking another vessel may do so on either side, but must grant the right-of-way to the vessel being over-taken.
    When vessels are passing at right angles, the vessel on the left will yield right of way to vessel on the right.
    Motor boats shall yield right-of-way to non-motor powered boats except as follows:
    a) When being overtaken by non-powered vessels.
    b) For deep draft vessels that have to remain in narrow channels.
    c) When vessel is towing another vessel.
    Motor boats must maintain a direct course when passing sailboats.
    Any vessel approaching a landing dock or pier shall yield the right-of-way to any departing vessel.
    Any vessel departing shoreline or tributary shall yield right-of-way to through traffic and vessels approaching shoreline or tributary.
    Vessels will not abruptly change course without first determining that it can be safely done without risk of collision with another vessel.
    If an operator fails to fully understand course of an approaching vessel he must slow down immediately to a speed barely sufficient for steerageway until the other vessel has passed.
    Vessels yielding right-of-way shall reduce speed, stop, reverse, or alter course to avoid collision. Vessel with right-of-way shall hold course and speed. If there is danger of collision, all vessels will slow down, stop, or reverse until danger is averted.
    Vessels will issue warning signals in fog or thick weather.
    No mechanically propelled vessel shall be operated in a circular course around any other vessel or any person swimming.
    In a narrow channel, vessels will keep to the right of mid-channel.
    Vessels approaching or passing another vessel shall be operated in such manner and at such rate of speed as will not create a hazardous wash or wake.
    No vessel shall obstruct or interfere with take-off, landing, or taxiing of aircraft.
    All vessels shall be operated at reasonable speeds for given situations and must be under the completed control of the operator at all times.
    No person shall, under any circumstances, operate a vessel in excess of an established speed zone.
    No vessel or person shall obstruct or block navigation channel, entrance to channel, mooring slip, landing dock, launching ramp, pier or tributary.
    Vessels shall keep at least 100 feet clearance of displayed diver's flag.
    Operator shall maintain a proper lookout.
    Seems there are more rules than what is included above. I know for sure that there is a 50 mph daytime speed limit and a 25 mph nighttime limit on CDA Lake.
    Still I thank you for your help.
    P.M. ClownRoyal..He lives there in the summer.
    I PM'd clown. Thanks for the advice
    John M

lewiville
    my parent lice there and there really isnt any law's up there about that. Remeber that's redneck country up there. If you can marry your sister, you pretty much can do anything.
    Its so beautifull up there. Have a great trip

ULTRA26 # 1
    my parent lice there and there really isnt any law's up there about that. Remeber that's redneck country up there. If you can marry your sister, you pretty much can do anything.
    Its so beautifull up there. Have a great trip
    LMAO
    It is nice there. My Son and his mom were born there. I lived there for about 5 years but is way to cold for this SoCal native.
    Thanks
    John M

Baja Pete
    I keep my boat on CdA Lake; they are trying to enforce the 88db rule, but most of the LEO's dont have db meters yet.
    Baja Pete

ULTRA26 # 1
    I keep my boat on CdA Lake; they are trying to enforce the 88db rule, but most of the LEO's dont have db meters yet.
    Baja Pete
    Thanks Pete. Due to arive in CDA on June 29th. Hope to see you on the water. I amk going to install some slip in's before we get there.
    John M

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast