Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which engine builder ?

RiverCityJet
    It looks like a lot of you guy's are from Nor Cal,
    so, I would like to get some feed back on which of these Engine builders you have maybe used, or had, Good/bad experience with.
    Ron Grose Racing (Lodi)
    Riolo Racing Engines (Rsvl)
    Rex Hutchison Racing Engines (Sac)
    H&H Super Shops (Sac)
    Crackaway Engines (Elk grove)
    Any feed back Good or Bad would be apreciated.
    RiverCityJet

Kindsvater Flat
    All my friends and myself use Rex. Fair priced and good work.

T-Bag
    I run a Ron Grose engine at it runs great I've known joey the son for a few years and does great work. They also make everything in billet alum. to rig a boat and usually have it in stock.

cal***boat
    RiverCityJet:
    It looks like a lot of you guy's are from Nor Cal,
    so, I would like to get some feed back on which of these Engine builders you have maybe used, or had, Good/bad experience with.
    Ron Grose Racing (Lodi)
    Riolo Racing Engines (Rsvl)
    Rex Hutchison Racing Engines (Sac)
    H&H Super Shops (Sac)
    Crackaway Engines (Elk grove)
    Any feed back Good or Bad would be apreciated.
    RiverCityJet We have used Riolo and Rex in the past with our engine programs and would have to say Rex would be my first choice if you are building a blown engine.
    I would use Riolo if your going to build a nitrous engine.
    But thats just my .02
    [ September 19, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: cal***boat ]

yomama
    Tim Morgan at Morgan's Machine and Marine in Walnut Creek .....there isn't a finer nor more knowledgeable machinist around....not cheap, but you get what you pay for !!!

BAF#276
    yomama:
    Tim Morgan at Morgan's Machine and Marine in Walnut Creek .....there isn't a finer nor more knowledgeable machinist around....not cheap, but you get what you pay for !!! Have to agree there. Tim's shop is good and your right they are not cheap.
    I bought my spare engine from awhile back.

Mohavekid
    Check out Built by "D" in Yuba City.
    Small shop, but he knows boats. The motors he's built for me have run strong.

Moose
    I saw this awhile back and I to, have been looking for an engine builder. I've had work done up in Sac. at a reputable engine builder and all I got was alot of attitude!. I took my motor over to Ron Grose Racing Engines in Lodi, just the other day and was very impressed with their shop. Joey called me yesterday and he wanted me to come down and look at the heads that the other shop built for me. None of the intake seat angles matched the intake valve angles and my heads only had about an hour on them. Luckily Joey was just taking the time to make sure my heads where ok, even though I had told him the heads only had an hour on them. I know I could Probably have taken them back up to Sac. but I felt that if they couldn't do them right the first time, I may as well have them redone by some one that can just look at them and know they weren't done right!.
    Just my $.02
    Moose
    P.S. I saw a boat in R.G's shop that looked like a boat owned by a famous JetboatGuy wink . I couldn't understand what a famous Jetguru would be doing with one of those prop driven backward engine boats? .

Kindsvater Flat
    Mohavekid:
    Check out Built by "D" in Yuba City.
    Small shop, but he knows boats. The motors he's built for me have run strong. Riley is good if you have the time to wait.

msmeads1
    I you want the best, go to Carson Brummett in So cal.
    It is worth it for anyone in Nor cal. price is right and the end result is great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast