Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burley

grumpy501
    Has any one heard that there will be no Burley next year? Or is that just a good rumor ot start.

boatguy222
    Boy, I guess all the boats coming from Spokane to run in the Nostaliga class will have there own race.

SK48
    Sounds like a rumor. I have my motel reservations waiting for next year.

grumpy501
    The rumer I heard is that the super stock wont be there.

Stab-n-Steer
    That must have something to do with the capsule mandate. A certain percent of the SS's are supposed to be capsuled by 2004. Everything I have heard is that they will not run APBA races but run under sanction of the SS Racing Series... Burley is an APBA race. The Inboard Racing Commission of the APBA recently dropped the mandate for Capsules on Cracker Boxes. After much study and debate they determined that there was no way to put 2 capsules on a 15 1/2' boat... (Duh! ) In addition the saftey record of Crackers is quite good...
    S&S

Moneypitt
    In the early 90s there was a year that Burley wasn't an Apba event.. They had drags and circles, crackers, SS. PS and Ks, as well as a drag show... I seem to recall it was CRRA and maybe IHBA. They've had that race, the last weekend in june for a very long time. It is a great experience to go to Burley, different than most places circles race, the people, the town, the race course, the Elks double yoke egg breakfast feast, and the cops in town are even human, very friendly.....I really hope the racers and the APBA can come to terms and continue the Burley regatta......Moneypitt

Stab-n-Steer
    Moneypitt,
    Burley truly is a great experience. This was my first year and it was a blast. The whole town welcomes us with open arms. The parade, the Elks breakfast,the party on Saturday night are not to be missed.
    As an example fo the quality of the people in Burley, there is a nostalgia jetboat racer, Glenn Dilworth, who has a welding and fabrication business. On Saturday, one of the Crackers broke a rudder, another had cracked headers. We took the parts to Glen for repair Saturday evening. Glen worked into the night getting them fixed and delivered them to the race Sunday morning. Glenn refused to take a dime for his hard work!
    I do hope the SS's get this thing worked out with APBA. They would be sorely missed in Burley...
    S&S

CircleJerk
    Ohhh Mark, are you ribbin me? Let the jousting begin!
    StabSter....We can hardly wait to finally participate there. We had a imprompt meeting last week and every one there was excited at the prospect of the 'Nosties' finally being invited. Do you think the Californian southern slow boats would want to mix it up with us crazies???How about a North-South Challenge? A little competition sure makes the hair grow on a sunny morning at the races! I could use that you know! smile_sp Hey Jim B, what about it? Small course, throw out the speed limit, one pin turns next to the crowd, does this sound good????? smile_sp JerkInhein

GN Nostalgia Racer
    To C/J, we will canvas the racers and see what we get. Our next race is at Lake Ming, October 25/27 and again there will be separate classes for the Nostalgia, Flat bottom, and Enduro. The cost for the race is $80.00 dollars for the weekend. If the entry is mailed by a certain date, the cost is only $70.00 for the weekend. Anyone interested can call me at 1(626) 337-9621

CircleJerk
    What's the speed limit?????? 71,70,69? smile_sp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast