Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12V audio myths. - Add yours

ROZ
    Q. Can leaking air affect the output of a sub because the suspension is no longer supported by a sealed box?
    A. No. Most subs are designed for sealed or ported enclosures (a port is a big-ass air leak).
    Next week's lesson will be on how to use wire cutters instead of safety scissors.
    My only coment is that the BA Pro drivers needed to be completely sealed. They relied 100% on the the cabinet for suspension... If you had any leaks , ran big power, and used it, you really were pushing it's limits..
    Okay, Carry on

BADASS38CHEVY
    This is getting good.

Havasu Hangin'
    And, why have you turned to insulting my intelligence or education level simply because of the job I do?
    Shockwierdbob does get hot from posts on the internet.

ROZ
    I have a better idea... the two of you team up and do Select's installer challenge together

Havasu Hangin'
    My only coment is that the BA Pro drivers needed to be completely sealed. They relied 100% on the the cabinet for suspension... If you had any leaks , ran big power, and used it, you really were pushing it's limits..
    I covered myself on the sealed-enclosure specific subs...
    Q. Can leaking air affect the output of a sub because the suspension is no longer supported by a sealed box?
    A. No. Most subs are designed for sealed or ported enclosures (a port is a big-ass air leak).

rivercrazy
    Subwoofer enclosures made from MDF will sound any different than marine plywood of similar thickness and construction quality

ROZ
    I covered myself on the sealed-enclosure specific subs...
    I saw that... I was just sayin... I like to hear,err, read my own sheit on the net.. I'm vain like that

rivercrazy
    He'd blow his entire budget on two sheets of 2" marine ply and 4000 stainless screws.
    LMAO!

ROZ
    Subwoofer enclosures made from MDF will sound any different than marine plywood of similar thickness and construction quality Throw this one out.. There might be a difference... One of the ply's may have a crack in it and develop a rattle over time... You'd probably hear it in a closed environemt like a car..

rivercrazy
    that O2 free copper power wire will stay 02 free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast