Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Headers installed

OC28HEAT
    Absolute installed my new headers on my 28 heat. everything went well no gremlins. Ran boat for two days from Needles to havi springs and back. Boat ran well but would not turn the new 26p prop (it was a 24) i need another 350 rpm. Takeing the prop to Bronson Hill to Lab and Blueprint and see what that does

undertaker
    Cool

pw_Tony
    Cool:d :d
    Your Avatar is giving me a really bad feeling inside:jawdrop:

undertaker
    Your Avatar is giving me a really bad feeling inside:jawdrop:

undertaker
    Absolute installed my new headers on my 28 heat. everything went well no gremlins. Ran boat for two days from Needles to havi springs and back. Boat ran well but would not turn the new 26p prop (it was a 24) i need another 350 rpm. Takeing the prop to Bronson Hill to Lab and Blueprint and see what that does
    Keep us posted on performance results once you get prop dialed in

OC28HEAT
    Bronson said he will lab them both to 25 1/4 p and thin the blades and add a little cup ready for the fouth.

Wozencraft
    Bronson said he will lab them both to 25 1/4 p and thin the blades and add a little cup ready for the fouth.
    Thanks for posting about your new Dana Headers. Just curious, are those the ones that are stainless or chromed? I was just by Absolute yesterday and noticed them in another customers boat who just had them installed. They looked great. Aaron and Brian were recommending I put them in my HO w/Raylar. I'm curious to know what results people are having. Not just speed but acceleration & any sound difference?
    Devin

Dana Marine Products
    The exhaust alone on a 496HO will sound much more defined than your stock exhaust. It will get slightly, and I mean slightly louder. With the long primary lengths, it keeps each cylinder separated longer, which makes it sound more race at the tail pipes.
    If you're going to install the Raylar kit with exhaust, you'll notice a big difference in noise. It will be slightly louder than stock, but the idle on that motor with the described parts installed sounds very nice. We noticed a huge difference in idle charactor on the dyno, for the better. Very throaty and tough.

Dana Marine Products
    One more, the manifolds are aluminum and the risers are stainless steel. We can powdercoat the manifolds any color desired. Usually the risers remain polished.

Wozencraft
    One more, the manifolds are aluminum and the risers are stainless steel. We can powdercoat the manifolds any color desired. Usually the risers remain polished.
    Thanks for your response. Brian at Absolute told me my midrange acceleration should get better with the new manifolds. What is your take?
    The set I saw were polished thus looking like Stainless or chrome. However, I guess you can get that polish look on aluminum as well...which is great due to them weighing so much less.
    I do have the Raylar kit, are you saying that your tests show a better result with the kit, or on a stock 496?
    Thanks.
    Devin Wozencraft

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast