Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to drill suction housing for a pressure tap?

502 JET
    I have a Dominator MB12S pump. I want to install a pressure tap into the suction housing. Where is the best place to drill it? Is it benifical to read pressure at more than one location? Any pictures would help. Thanks 502 JET

hotbo
    well im going to attempt to help here.i drill parrelal to shaft for a general guideline reading.1-1.5 inch behind wear ring land.1/8 pipe thread is good.yes multiple tappes will allow you to tune your loader, shoe depth,ect.
    \
    hope this helps there is some better guys on here to tell you maybe a better way than the way i do it.wish you luck.obtw why are you?having problems or just trying to fine tune

DelawareDave
    The way I hear it, is 12 and 6 o'clock, or as close as possible. Duane HTP probably would be a good source for info.
    BTW, 502 - What's this I hear the fine state of NJ wants everyone (resident and non-resident) to have some kind of boater's license now? I was going to come over there and take a ride on the Rancocas, but held off til I get some info. Maybe De should start charging NJ residents sales tax to come over here and buy liquor and cigarettes! :idea:

wsuwrhr
    Perpendicular
    well im going to attempt to help here.i drill parrelal to shaft for a general guideline reading.1-1.5 inch behind wear ring land.1/8 pipe thread is good.yes multiple tappes will allow you to tune your loader, shoe depth,ect.
    \
    hope this helps there is some better guys on here to tell you maybe a better way than the way i do it.wish you luck.obtw why are you?having problems or just trying to fine tune

hotbo
    Perpendicular
    yeah sometimes im not to brite whatever you call it in line with the shaft,thats what 2 shops told me to do for reference.hi-tech take your money please,and scotts marine in hot,springs arkansas.thanks travis

wsuwrhr
    Inline with the shaft, would be parallel.
    Perpendicular to the shaft, would be at a right angle, or 90 deg to the shaft.
    yeah sometimes im not to brite whatever you call it in line with the shaft,thats what 2 shops told me to do for reference.hi-tech take your money please,and scotts marine in hot,springs arkansas.thanks travis

MudPumper
    Do a search, pretty sure this has been covered with pictures.

502 JET
    BTW, 502 - What's this I hear the fine state of NJ wants everyone (resident and non-resident) to have some kind of boater's license now? I was going to come over there and take a ride on the Rancocas, but held off til I get some info. Maybe De should start charging NJ residents sales tax to come over here and buy liquor and cigarettes! :idea:
    Yes, you need a Boaters Safety Certificate in NJ for operation of all vessles. They started this first with the pwc's a few years ago, then implmented a law for it to apply every operator of any vessle.
    I don't know how they work it with non residents if you boated from Delaware into NJ waters. Call the NJ State Police Marine division for info.

502 JET
    Do a search, pretty sure this has been covered with pictures.
    I searched a few different ways and kept coming up with engine water pressure issues and nothing for suction housing pressure.

MudPumper
    I searched a few different ways and kept coming up with engine water pressure issues and nothing for suction housing pressure.
    Found the one I was thinking about. Just have to use the magic search words.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ight=Quickdata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast