Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sobriety check points in Havasu!!!!

ultra27jay
    Sobriety check points in Havasu!!!!
    Body: A friend of mine posted this just passing it along....I'll bet getting a boat out of impound costs a lot!
    What up people.
    This past weekend in Havasu the Arizona Fish and GAme along with the San BErnardino Sheriffs Dept set up a "River" check point just North of Topac Gorge.
    For those of you that arent really familiar of where thats at, it's right before the Interstate 95 Bridge as your heading up to Needles.
    First off I was ****ing HAULING ASS doing a consistent 80-85 MPH up river when all of the sudden EVERYONE slowed down to what seemed like to be an accident of some sort.... NOT, what it was in fact was about 30 Sea Doo Sheriff Cops and about 6 Patrol boats signaling EVERYONE to the beach that happened to be going upriver heading back to their destination from the sandbar. With about 80-100 Sheriffs waiting to take on ANY AND ALL given boats signaled over to the beach, I watched in amazement as pretty much everyone that got pulled over got a BUI.
    Thank god I got a cool cop and I happened to play it off quite well, I got away with NOTHING. Scratch free, but in the time that we got questioned from the time we left, I witnessed about 10 -15 people getting BUI's on the water, not only boaters but sea-dooer's as well. From what he told me, they are going to start up setting these random check points on the colorado river more often so look out Havasu goers. They are set up with breathalizers and the whole nine yards, the Vessel Assist boats were busy hauling off 100 thousand dollar boats as their owner got zippy tied on the beach and watched their fun float away and the patty wagon took em off to jail.
    So remember, if you see what seems to be be and "accident" on the water and youve been drinkin....
    Either switch drivers or turn the **** around and be smooth about it.... there is plenty of time to do it and atleast it will save you from getting a BUI.
    Pass this on river rats!!
    and be safe out there.

Glamasu
    Sobriety check points in Havasu!!!!
    Body: A friend of mine posted this just passing it along....I'll bet getting a boat out of impound costs a lot!
    What up people.
    This past weekend in Havasu the Arizona Fish and GAme along with the San BErnardino Sheriffs Dept set up a "River" check point just North of Topac Gorge.
    For those of you that arent really familiar of where thats at, it's right before the Interstate 95 Bridge as your heading up to Needles.
    First off I was ****ing HAULING ASS doing a consistent 80-85 MPH up river when all of the sudden EVERYONE slowed down to what seemed like to be an accident of some sort.... NOT, what it was in fact was about 30 Sea Doo Sheriff Cops and about 6 Patrol boats signaling EVERYONE to the beach that happened to be going upriver heading back to their destination from the sandbar. With about 80-100 Sheriffs waiting to take on ANY AND ALL given boats signaled over to the beach, I watched in amazement as pretty much everyone that got pulled over got a BUI.
    Thank god I got a cool cop and I happened to play it off quite well, I got away with NOTHING. Scratch free, but in the time that we got questioned from the time we left, I witnessed about 10 -15 people getting BUI's on the water, not only boaters but sea-dooer's as well. From what he told me, they are going to start up setting these random check points on the colorado river more often so look out Havasu goers. They are set up with breathalizers and the whole nine yards, the Vessel Assist boats were busy hauling off 100 thousand dollar boats as their owner got zippy tied on the beach and watched their fun float away and the patty wagon took em off to jail.
    So remember, if you see what seems to be be and "accident" on the water and youve been drinkin....
    Either switch drivers or turn the **** around and be smooth about it.... there is plenty of time to do it and atleast it will save you from getting a BUI.
    Pass this on river rats!!
    and be safe out there.
    Heads up!!.....Good info....Heard about this....So its really happennin ...

raff
    Good info, but like I said in the other thread:
    If you have to drink to have fun on the water you should just stay by the pool.
    Just my 2 cents

Moneypitt
    [QUOTE=ultra27jay;2639216]Sobriety check points in Havasu!!!!
    For those of you that arent really familiar of where thats at, it's right before the Interstate 95 Bridge as your heading up to Needles.[Quote]
    I 95 bridge??? Do you mean the I 40 bridge??? The Az 95 crosses IN Needles, right?.........MP

TCHB
    I am glad to see the patrols. Too many people driving the boats drunk and out of control.

pw_Tony
    Good solution... don't drink and boat

KREGER
    Back in 96' I got arrested for a BUI.
    Me and another guy from another boat registered a .10 on the breath test when we were pulled in at the same time.
    We both had blood drawn 1/2 hour after we were pulled off the water.
    In the end, our levels on the blood tests were .06.
    I got out of it because I was innocent.
    The equipment seemed to be calibrated a little off. Even if you are below the limit, you could end up in Jail. I did.
    Dont drink and drive.

slowinhavasu
    We were wondering what that was all about as we flew- bye......SOBER....What a great feeling knowing I had no worries had they caught up....lol

ClownRoyal
    Back in 96' I got arrested for a BUI.
    Me and another guy from another boat registered a .10 on the breath test when we were pulled in at the same time.
    We both had blood drawn 1/2 hour after we were pulled off the water.
    In the end, our levels on the blood tests were .06.
    I got out of it because I was innocent.
    The equipment seemed to be calibrated a little off. Even if you are below the limit, you could end up in Jail. I did.
    Dont drink and drive.
    That's over 10 years ago when they were just getting things worked out. Now... bend over and kiss your arse goodbye.

THOR
    What day was this?
    I was up on Friday (and sober) didnt see a thing

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast