Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Outboard Yamaha 350 HP V8 F350

TCHB
    Traditionally, offshore boats of over nine meters have been powered primarily either by inboard or inboard-outboard motors. However, over recent years there has been a shift toward outboard motors as the power of choice for larger boats. This is due to the outboard configuration offering excellent speed, performance, fuel economy, ease of installation and maintenance plus the fact that they allow for more usable onboard space. As a result, there is a trend toward outboard motors with bigger horsepower and greater speed in the boating scene.
    The new Yamaha F350 is a completely new product that has been built to meet these needs by breaking out of conventional categories in order to open up new market demand.
    Key features of the Yamaha F350
    • Massive power and torque from the world’s biggest horsepower outboard.
    • The first 60° V8 four stroke outboard engine ever, with a displacement of 5,330 cm3 and a DOHC, 32valve format.
    • In-Bank Dual Exhaust with Power Surge Chambers, a system that relieves pressure in the exhaust ports to increase power output.
    • Variable camshaft timing to greatly increase engine torque at low and mid-range rpm.
    • Up to 45 percent more thrust than conventional 250-hp class four-stroke outboards. (Yamaha comparison)
    • Specially designed Saltwater XL Series propellers with significantly larger diameter and blade area to bring out the full performance potential of the F350.
    • Outstanding Yamaha durability and reliability
    • Larger gear shaft adopted for greatly increased strength
    • Forged motor mounts and oversized mounting bracket for outstanding durability

vishus
    you forgot the MOST IMPRESSIVE specification....
    804 lbs
    I'll take my little 375# 260HP Merc any day, HELL I could run twins and still have less weight hanging off the back...

DMOORE
    you forgot the MOST IMPRESSIVE specification....
    804 lbs
    I'll take my little 375# 260HP Merc any day, HELL I could run twins and still have less weight hanging off the back...
    HOLY C**P!!!!! There goes the only advantage of an outboard. And remember thats 804 LB's hanging off the REAR of the transom.
    Darrell.

Tom Brown
    HOLY C**P!!!!! There goes the only advantage of an outboard.
    "the only advantage of an outboard" lmao!

paging killertoy......killertoy where are you....

Kilrtoy
    Thats almost the total weight of my two motors running 600 HP

dicudmore
    Thats almost the total weight of my two motors running 600 HP
    yeah, what he said
    If I had an offshore fishing vessel I'd probably take these Yami's over my 300X's for durability purposes...

yeah, what he said
    If I had an offshore fishing vessel I'd probably take these Yami's over my 300X's for durability purposes...
    IF?

Tom Brown
    I'd take the 300x engines over the 4-stroke, 32 valve Yamaha for durability purposes.
    Yamaha makes great stuff but that's a lot of moving parts.

DMOORE
    I'd take the 300x engines over the 4-stroke, 32 valve Yamaha for durability purposes.
    Yamaha makes great stuff but that's a lot of moving parts.
    True. There's a lot to be said of two stroke simplicity.
    Darrell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast