Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPOD connection to home stereo

Troubles No More
    I would like to play my IPOD thru the home stereo. Does anyone have any recommendations on how/what to useĀ….Thanks

Troubles No More
    Many home receivers offer some kind of a "dock" now, but for the lo buck version, get yourself a mini headphone plug to rca adapter, plug it into the IPOD and plug the RCAs into your receiver. Most newer receivers have front panel RCA for just such emergencies (camcorder). Then select that source and use your IPOD to control the music. Don't forget to turn the volume on the IPOD up.
    I have a yamaha home theater/receiver system. I will re-check for a connectionĀ…..thanks

STV_Keith
    I bought an FM transmitter at Fry's that will accept either 12v cig lighter OR it's supplied AC adapter. So I just plug it in, use a frequency with nothing on it, and it's good to go at the house.

Slow What
    lo buck version, get yourself a mini headphone plug to rca adapter, plug it into the IPOD and plug the RCAs into your receiver.
    Monster Cable has a cable like this and it works great .

Mandelon
    I use the same 1/8" earphone to RCA cable and use an extra auxiliary input, or use the tape input...

2Driver
    Denon makes a good dock with power. Just plug it in where you would plug a aux, cd, tape, even a old phono. Mine is playing through my High school JVC reciever from 1978 and kicks ass through my old dorm cerwin vegas from 1979.

yopengo
    If you donĀ’t have an extra plug on your receiver, try the back of the TV. I had to do this and it works great. The TV audio input still plays on the surround speakers.

BoatFloating
    Belkin at Wal-Mart has the cradle that charges and has the RCA outs.....

Jyruiz
    Get the cable everybody is talking about, I use that and this,
    http://www.shop4tech.com/?go=view_item&id=3208&r=274
    to control the iPod with my universal remote, have had it for 2 years now. If I was in the market again, I would go with this universal dock.
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html

laveycrafter
    Where do you plug in your tape player?
    Tape player......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast