Thread: Stuffing Box Seal

v-drive
    Is there a way this thing is supposed to be removed? because i'm about done being polite with it. We have been putting my daughters v-drive back together and this little thing won't move...Hellllp. v-drive

SANGER-RICH
    :jawdrop: :boxingguy

mfrey
    Hey Rich. You got the snap ring out right? After getting the rudder out, I tapped mine out with a piece of wood...from the bottom. Good luck.

lilrick
    snap ring....

v-drive
    snap ring?

BA Kurtis
    Ben there is a snap ring that holds the seal in, once you remove that you should be able to pull the seal out with one finger.

Schiada76
    snap ring?
    That right there is funny!

SweetPea
    Ben there is a snap ring that holds the seal in, once you remove that you should be able to pull the seal out with one finger.
    I knew it! I just knew that was what we needed to do! Snap the ring then pull the seal out! I'm taking over from here!

v-drive
    I knew it! I just knew that was what we needed to do! Snap the ring then pull the seal out! I'm taking over from here!
    This, coming from a girl that smelled the fire in tahoe from her treadmill in Mission Viejo. ...pop

v-drive
    Thanks everyone, found that snap ring and yeah, it pulled right out. on another note My son (Brendellajet)brought his boat by and fired that bad boy up. I think I will stay out of that 825 hp monster.
    :coffeycup v-drive