Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire in Riverside....funny story, funny as in weird

HM
    Yesterday, I was at the intersection of Chicago and Spruce at lunch time (right next to were that plastics company caught fire yesterday and shut down the 215/60/91. The fire looked like it started around 5 PM. But, back to where I was at about 12:30... While sitting at the red light, this Riverside City van pulls up next to me and tells me to roll down my window. He asks me if I smell burning plastic and thought it might be my car or his car. My passenger and I said no and then joked about the guy being on meth or something...why would someone pull up and say that. Then, a few hours later...the plastics company goes up in flames that was only a block from there....weird?

Shreve "T"
    Yesterday, I was at the intersection of Chicago and Spruce at lunch time (right next to were that plastics company caught fire yesterday and shut down the 215/60/91. The fire looked like it started around 5 PM. But, back to where I was at about 12:30... While sitting at the red light, this Riverside City van pulls up next to me and tells me to roll down my window. He asks me if I smell burning plastic and thought it might be my car or his car. My passenger and I said no and then joked about the guy being on meth or something...why would someone pull up and say that. Then, a few hours later...the plastics company goes up in flames that was only a block from there....weird?
    Yeah, He probably thought the same thing....("Hey these guys think I'm on METH")

dmontzsta
    That damn fire was dropping fumes on my son's soccer practice yesterday, the sky was pure black. I got a good view of it on the way down there (before the freeway was shut down), then when his practice ended it was pure hell getting home.

HM
    That damn fire was dropping fumes on my son's soccer practice yesterday, the sky was pure black. I got a good view of it on the way down there (before the freeway was shut down), then when his practice ended it was pure hell getting home.
    It was a GREAT drive home for me as I got on the freeway at the 3rd street entrance that not many people know how to get to. It was a tough getting around that area on surface streets, but once I got on the freeway at 6 PM, there was no traffic all the way to sun city, and I had the freeway to myself almost all the way to the 215/60 split.

dmontzsta
    It was a GREAT drive home for me as I got on the freeway at the 3rd street entrance that not many people know how to get to. It was a tough getting around that area on surface streets, but once I got on the freeway at 6 PM, there was no traffic all the way to sun city, and I had the freeway to myself almost all the way to the 215/60 split.
    Lucky ****er. I got to sit and work my leg muscles with my heavy ass clutch.

HM
    Lucky ****er.
    I was wishing I had a really fast Maxima with a lowering kit and super VE high rice octane injected edition motor for that occassion.

Danhercules
    Lucky ****er. I got to sit and work my leg muscles with my heavy ass clutch.
    Why the hell do you need a heavy cluch in a rice burner? :devil:

dmontzsta
    Why the hell do you need a heavy cluch in a rice burner? :devil:
    How is a Mustang a rice burner?

dmontzsta
    I was wishing I had a really fast Maxima with a lowering kit and super VE high rice octane injected edition motor for that occassion.
    You missed out on the opportunity, I sold two of them within the last three years.

HM
    I was watching the news last night and of course they had a story about it. Their primary focus during the story was the smoke. They were asking people if they were worried about "toxic fumes". I know the smoke from plastic is bad but Im sooo glad they asked the expects of riverside to tell me it was toxic. One lady was actually sitting in the grass OUTSIDE her own place and said "yeah the smoke and fumes are really bad. I can feel them going into my chest. This isnt good to breath." And she STAYED OUTSIDE!!!! How DUMB can you get! The whole story just portrayed the complete lack of intelligence in that area.
    Did they talk about how it started? I kind of got a weird feeling about that guy asking me if I smelled plastic burning...like he started it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast