Thread: Coulter vs Edwards, Round 2

Old Texan
    The Edwards campaign first used Coulter to raise money when she called Edwards a "faggot" at a conservative conference in January. On Monday, on ABC's Good Morning America, Coulter said: "I've learned my lesson. If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."
    Ann may be going a little over the top I'd say. Pretty acidic sense of humor.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics...ulter-vs-.html
    I wonder if these are intended as humor or just Ann's "opinions??????
    Previously, Coulter has put “even money” on Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) “[c]oming out of the closet,” said Bill Clinton shows “some level of latent homosexuality,” and called Vice President Al Gore a “total fag.”

eliminatedsprinter
    People need to butch up....
    Coulters "Faggot" remark was pretty funny and her "apology" afterwards was a riot.
    The terrorist plot remark was her way of making light of the way PC leftists like John Edwards seem to make a bigger deal over someone using a word like faggot than they do over people blowing other people up in terrorist plots.
    She is a satirist and her comments are made in irony. All one needs to have in order to understand them is; a sense of humer, enough of an IQ to understand satire, and the knowedge of the context in which her comments are said. It is, of course, the latter that the press tends to grossly misrepresent in articles like the one in the above link.
    She is not one 10th as mean sprited as Rosie O. and she is far more honest and sincere than Micheal Moore or Al Frankin ever were....

eliminatedsprinter
    Ann may be going a little over the top I'd say. Pretty acidic sense of humor.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics...ulter-vs-.html
    I wonder if these are intended as humor or just Ann's "opinions??????
    I don't know if they are her opinions or not, I'd bet money the ones re Hillary and Al Gore also are those of about 1/2 of the adults in the United States. The Bill Clinton one is a bit of a stretch, but I have seen her say it before and it was in the context of a joke....I think it was something to do with the fact that since he treated women so badly he must really only love men (or something like that).

Old Texan
    Anyway you look at it, ya gotta love her.
    Edwards was on Leno Monday night. He is one of the most pompous asses I believe I've seen. Dick Morris was talking about charity he runs or should I say robs for ersonal expenses. The man has no conscience and is the root cause of the "2 Americas".
    An does enjoy "toying" with Johnny Boy with the wavy hair.:devil:

eliminatedsprinter
    Edwards is also a root cause of why there are so few OB Gyns, esp in his state. The bogus lawsuit that he won was a devistating blow to that field of medicine and he was sociopathically dishonest in how he fooled a gullible jury to win it.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Edwards is likely the most hypocritical jackazz of them all, and actually "sociopath" may be a very good description.
    Sociopaths are very egocentric individuals that lack a sense of personal responsibility and morality. They may be impulsive, manipulative, reckless, quarrelsome, and consistent liars. Sociopaths are usually unable to sustain relationships and have a total lack of remorse for their actions. The sociopath may also be very prone to aggressive, hostile, and sometimes violent behaviour. This aggression may or may not lead to criminal behaviour and often takes the form of domestic violence. Along with these other actions, sociopaths often engage in self-destructive behaviour such as alcoholism or addiction to drugs. This, of course, usually worsens many aspects of the sociopathic behaviour. Despite these previous symptoms, the sociopath may be an excellent actor, always appearing charming, calm, and collected. They usually have a normal or above normal intelligence level and good verbal fluency. It is these qualities that sometimes place the sociopath in leadership positions within their social groups and often make it hard to spot their "black side".
    Check into "The Center For Promise And Opportunity" sometime. It's Edward's "charity" which supposedly was set up to "making the eradication of poverty the cause of this generation" (Edwards quote), it pays for his travel, and for retreats on Foreign Policy, Iraq, National Security, and anything else Edwards wants.
    Sure not looking like "making the eradication of poverty the cause of this generation" to me.
    When even the NY TIMES reported on it, did he try to explain it, minimuze damage in some way?
    He went after the reporter's integrity. Kill the messenger per se.
    Anne Coulter is a bomb-thrower, but she is "the right's" bomb-thrower. Where Rosie, and Al, and Louie, and the other "left bomb-throwers" are ignored, Anne is lambasted, and expected to apologize every time she opens her mouth.
    There is only "freedom of speech", if you agree with the left. Otherwise, it's "hate", racism", "homnophobia", and a dozen other denegrations that only get thrown down a 1-way street.
    I didn't look at what she said, but I am pretty sure it was funny, at least to my sense of humor, and based in fact somewhere, however small. I'll also bet it was intended to get noise going, and she was successful.;

eliminatedsprinter
    Both Senators Edwards and Clinton display sociopathic tendencies (the White House Travel Office Firings were straight up sociopathic in nature). However, some sociopathic traits do not make a person a sociopath and I doubt either one is a true clinical sociopath. After all, even Hitler was not a clinical sociopath (due to his love for his dogs and Eva Braun).

Old Texan
    My favorite Coulter line:
    "You know it's spring when the first Kennedy gets a DUI.....":devil:
    On the news last night She laughed in the Edwards' faces when told they wanted her to shut up with the personal attacks.
    John is a prime example of what is wrong with the legal industry in addition to politics. His skill at swaying juries produces some very bad trial results and he has no qualms or conscience to their effects. It is all about him winning. Sociopath???? Reading the definition certainly makes you think, he has the majority of the traits and absolutely no conscience. Definitely one of the bad guys.
    Ann's terrorist comment was aimed directly at his statements regarding "there is no terrorist threat". Curious how he doesn't address the correlation....:idea:

asch
    Coulter's sarcasm, satire and wit are constantly being taken out of context and misunderstood. As ES said, a relavent IQ is required also. Ann throughly understands her enemies.
    This little episode only underscores the emphasis Mrs. Edwards and her party puts on emotion and "hurt feelings" ie the bleeding hearts :yuk:
    Big deal. They should either ignore her or not be so offended.