Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: got my blown tx wet today!!thanx guys for the help!

IMPATIENT 1
    well 1st off i'd like to thank all you guys who gave me good advise over the past 7-8months with my blown jet build up! unchained, chris straub, you other guys(to many to list), your knowledge is invaluable and i appreciate the hell outta it!!!!
    i took out my tx-19 today nervous as hell after a 2month grind to get back on the water i was getting plum burnt out and just needed alittle lake time to revive. it was raining today up until 3 so i took off work, headed home, hooked onto my tx and headed out. got to the lake and the sun came out for me i backed the boat down into the water, checked for leaks(i went thru pump too), pushed off my trailer and fired the new blown roller 475 up. check the normal stuff, oil pressure, take a look at a/f ratio, etc.. putted outta the cove and found some nice 2-3inch chop and laid the hammer down half way. OMFG!! the sumabitch took off like a phucking rocket let me just say this loud "__CK NITROUS, I'LL NEVER TOUCH THE STUFF AGAIN NOW THAT I'VE WENT BLOWN:devil: "
    i stuck a 6k chip in the btm just to break in on, set timing at 34 and btm to @1/4. so with the 6k chip in it, it only takes a blink and the boat is at 6k banging the limiter and i didn't bring my 7k chip . couldn't even get into the secondaries before my shift lift would come on at @5950 before it'd bang out.
    so far its 10mph faster, helllllla lot quiker, and i haven't even stepped into the secondaries yet! i love it :devil: i'll snap some pics and getting some roost pics this weekend when i take the fam out. the boat is throwing a hella rooster

DMOORE
    Good to hear that the first splash went well for ya. It can be a bit nerve racking. But nothing better than hearing that baby sing for the first time.
    Congrats.
    Darrell.

79centurion
    Glad to hear it went well.
    Dan

IMPATIENT 1
    thanx guys, i can't wait to stick my foot in it :devil:

Slacker
    Nothing like that blower sound, glad to hear you had good first outing, unlike mine. Enjoy ...

IMPATIENT 1
    Nothing like that blower sound, glad to hear you had good first outing, unlike mine. Enjoy ...
    it wasn't perfect, i got carried away enjoying myself and ran outta gas out in the middle of our lake but i had a buddy there with his boat so i gotta tow immediately.
    I WAS TOWED IN BY A BBO apollo LMAO! guess there's always a 1st time for everything

jdf
    this great news ...hope you can came down to tyler some time

Slacker
    I just found about the great gas mileage you get with a blower.. It happens though, could have been worse.

moparjet
    I just found about the great gas mileage you get with a blower.. It happens though, could have been worse.
    i found out the same thing....but i love the blower

jdf
    what mpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast