Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have had your car stolen?

How many of you have had your car stolen from the car wash? I went to get my car washed today and like usual I tell the attendant I am going to have lunch and will be back in 20 minutes. I come back and they bring me a similar car but itÂ’s not mine. Ten minutes after the attendant calls the companyÂ’s number that was on the personÂ’s keys he shows back up at the car wash.
    Looking kind of dumb founded he says sorry and we are on our way.
    This made me start thinking how easy it would be to have your car stolen from the car wash if youÂ’re not there watching your car the whole time.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Uhm....the guy who had your car did not notice it wasn't his??

Miss Perfect
    I'm confused. How could someone not know that they were driving someone else's car? :idea:

ChumpChange
    Never from the Car Wash but in my family we have had two vehicles stolen.
    82 Toyota Supra
    92 454 Suburban from an airport parking lot

squirt'nmyload
    the other guy didn't know that he got the wrong car???? sounds like less than a man to me

Baja Big Dog
    So your car didnt get stolen? Some guy got into YOUR car and drive it away, and didnt even notice until someone called him?
    Thats an amazing story!
    Which car wash was it, IM gonna want to avoid them!!

Angry Inch
    I've gotten into someone elseÂ’s car that was exactly like mine before. It was on the other side of the aisle in the parking lot at ralphs and they must have left it unlocked...that's all I can figure. But I knew something was up instantly, things were just wrong you know.
    My car has been stolen too. They even left my lo-jack unit for me in my drivewayÂ…. :sqeyes:

I wanted to get out of there so I didn't ask but I am assuming that it was a rental or company car.

Kilrtoy
    The last guy that tried to steal my vehicle came as close as you can to meeting JESUS, got the crap kicked out of him, and spent 18 months in the California Hotel system

I'm confused. How could someone not know that they were driving someone else's car? :idea:
    The key chain was completely different too. I had my Smith's card, San Bernardino County Library card and about 7 other keys on my key chain too. As soon as they handed me the other person's keys I knew it was going to be bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast