Thread: denon avr 787

IT'SONLYMONEY
    have a brand new denon 787 and can't figure out how to turn on the 2nd zone. can anyone help with this.
    thanks
    chuck

Cheap Thrills
    Owners Manual P. 39~41
    http://usa.denon.com/AVR-787-OM-E.pdf
    actually 42~44 Pdf pages.
    T.

Tom Brown
    I worked in the audio industry for several years and was a bench tech for audio/video gear for a few years. Now I work in the IT industry as a network architect.
    ..... and I had to read the focking manual for my Denon 3607 to get some fairly basic shit working.

Cheap Thrills
    I worked in the audio industry for several years and was a bench tech for audio/video gear for a few years. Now I work in the IT industry as a network architect.
    ..... and I had to read the focking manual for my Denon 3607 to get some fairly basic shit working.
    That's why I'm sticking with my Yamaha Natural Sound Reciever with it's big beautiful analouge dial It's tough being old as hell aint it ?
    T.

Tom Brown
    It's tough being old as hell aint it ?
    It's not what the brochures made it out to be, that's for sure.
    .... so how come my receiver won't send RCA analog audio to my PVR? I've got my HTPC connected with toslink, optical audio conversion enabled for that input, and that optical port is mapped to that input. .... it plays just fine.... and sounds freaking amazing.... but no analog record output from the HTPC to the PVR.
    It will only send analog record out if I switch to analog connection on the HTPC. That's obviously not my preference.
    My components are kind of new age. I've got an HTPC running MythTV, DBS receiver, and a Pioneer PVR. Doesn't sound too tough.
    Any ideas?

Cheap Thrills
    It's not what the brochures made it out to be, that's for sure.
    .... so how come my receiver won't send RCA analog audio to my PVR? I've got my HTPC connected with toslink, optical audio conversion enabled for that input, and that optical port is mapped to that input. .... it plays just fine.... and sounds freaking amazing.... but no analog record output from the HTPC to the PVR.
    It will only send analog record out if I switch to analog connection on the HTPC. That's obviously not my preference.
    My components are kind of new age. I've got an HTPC running MythTV, DBS receiver, and a Pioneer PVR. Doesn't sound too tough.
    Any ideas?
    You have me on that one Tom, seems like the analog output on the HTPC should be sending Analog signal reg. of input source. And I'm not sure I completely understand the question and the setup.
    :edit: what PVR & soundcard do you have ?
    The recording properties on the soundcard may need to be checked which I'm sure you've already done. The recording input is seperate from the source input . the recording should be set to reflect whatever the Toslink is. maybe Digital or Toslink. I haven't had to op. to configure too many so my knowledge is limited.
    Are you doing this on Linux ?
    T. @4am out.

IT'SONLYMONEY
    Owners Manual P. 39~41
    http://usa.denon.com/AVR-787-OM-E.pdf
    actually 42~44 Pdf pages.
    T.
    would any one happen to be able to tell me how to do it the way they did it? the manual makes no focking sence.
    thanks
    chuck