Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Tahoe Question

Havasu Daytona
    I have a 02 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the 5.3 liter motor. I was thinking of changing the spark plus myself with some Bosch Platinum spark plugs.
    My question is... How the heck do you get those funky plug wires off. The wire attachments on the spark plug end, have a metal skirt and they won't pull off the plugs. No matter how hard I pull or twist, they won't come off.
    Any suggestions??????????????

Tyson Ross
    I had the same problem with my 2000 Silverado. I got them off, think I used channel lock plyers. Pain in the as. though.

velocity280
    If you don't have about 100k miles on it and it runs ok...I wouldn't change them yet.

Lightning
    Or, drop the truck off to get it done. Spend the same amount of time you would have spent doing it yourself working and make twice as much as it costs to get the service completed.

Havasu Daytona
    I have 215K miles on the original spark plugs. Starts fine, doesn't miss, but I have noticed a slight decrease in my gas milage.
    I think I have got my miles worth out of these plugs!!!

shippingguy
    If you don't have about 100k miles on it and it runs ok...I wouldn't change them yet.
    I second this. They do not need to be changed for 100,000 miles.

RaceFace
    I changed mine at 100k to Autolite Double Platinum. I pulled ND's out of there.
    The plug end is covered by a metal sleeve. I used a screw driver and pried them off at the base by the plug. Dont pull the wire. It was pretty easy once I figured out how to get the plug wires off. Have fun!

frosty
    they make a tool for getting wires loose, it goes at plug wire and block about 6in. long so you can pull it up. twist plug wire first and brake it a loose from plug . if it an`t broke don`t fix it frosty

Havasu Daytona
    Thanlk you for the responses. I'm going give it a try.

Daytona100
    Be a Man and rip em off!!!!!! You should replace them with the plugs at that mileage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast