Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How early is too early

Hotcobra270
    My neighbor had a construction crew cutting bricks with one of those big
    industrial saws at 6:30am!!
    There was light out but 6:30am is way too early I think..
    Isnt 8am the rule in residential construction?
    They better not do that tomorrow morning (im sleeping in) or I'm going have to go out there ...
    what do you think?

Jordy
    This time of year, here??? 6:30 is halfway through the day. You're lucky it wasn't earlier. We used to start at 5:00 and be done by 2:00.

wsuwrhr
    I'd say on a weekday, 7am is probably the norm. I'm not sure if being a "weekend" matters much, but you'd think they'd give you another hour just out of courtesy.
    If I have any sawing or such to do, I use the 7am rule myself.
    Me too here.
    Most times I do sawing that I need done in the morning, at 5 or 6 at night the previous day if I can swing it.
    Brian

MudPumper
    Check your city's website for ordinances (sp) or municipal codes. They all have them regarding construction. Weekdays are usually 7am, weekends are usually later and in some cities prohibited all together without special permit.

Tequila-John
    Out here where i live they start mowing lawns at 4:30am during the summer. Have fun bud

Jordy
    Check your city's website for ordinances (sp) or municipal codes. They all have them regarding construction. Weekdays are usually 7am, weekends are usually later and in some cities prohibited all together without special permit.
    Yeah, we're in Phoenix, not Kalifornistan. We can construct, deconstruct, wash cars, take a shit, do laundry, etc. without special permits or government permission.

adjones419
    6:30 is way too early?? That's news to me. I'd say around here they usually start at 7 or a little after.

Throttle
    not in AZ... they are tryin to get work done before the heat cranks up... dont worry though, they will be done by 1 or 2 so your afternoon kindergarden nap will not be effected...

Jordy
    As long as you do it between the hours of 2:30-7:00am, before it to hot to breathe.
    Bingo.
    Lots of the big commercial projects will start pouring concrete around 1 AM so it has time to get out of the truck before it sets up. I had a big industrial chiller on rent to one concrete batch plant and they were mixing concrete with water that was around 36* so they could run it out during the day. Things work a bit differently around here.

Quest4Fun
    When we had our pool put in several years back it was July (Hot in Havasu!) and the crew would arrive around 4:00 AM to start work. They would tell me which days they were coming and I would pre-warn my neighbors, but they all understood due to the extreme heat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast