Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 ton truck rides like crap..any remedies?

Invisible Sun
    I love my truck, but don't really need in now that I'm boatless. I really don't want to go to a 1/2 ton because of the occasional heavy towing needs, but the 3/4 ton rides like crap without any weight (especially through the Banning area on the 10).
    I remember seeing a product that was basically a water bed mattress that strapped to the floor of the truck bed to add weight to the rear for a better ride. Anyone have one of these or use something similar?
    Has anyone noticed a better ride once their truck was lifted?:idea:
    S

Froggystyle
    I love my truck, but don't really need in now that I'm boatless. I really don't want to go to a 1/2 ton because of the occasional heavy towing needs, but the 3/4 ton rides like crap without any weight (especially through the Banning area on the 10).
    I remember seeing a product that was basically a water bed mattress that strapped to the floor of the truck bed to add weight to the rear for a better ride. Anyone have one of these or use something similar?
    Has anyone noticed a better ride once their truck was lifted?:idea:
    S
    I put my 2500HD on air bags and solved ALL of my problems. I lowered it, but there are companies doing air lifts that are just bitchin.
    That is my recommendation...

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    Take the overload leaf spring out in the rear.

shippingguy
    Go buy a couple of bags of concrete at Home Depot or Lowes and put them in the bed. Problem solved Seriously though you can put some Deaver rear leaf springs in and throw some air bags on and it will help out
    alot.

Gilligan
    My dually rides pretty nice with a 2000lb chunk of steel in the back. That will kill your MPG.

Invisible Sun
    This thing adds up to 400 lbs to the bed. Would that be enough weight?
    http://images.autoanything.com/image...ax_compact.jpg
    I was thinking about Deaver, but they're a little pricey.
    S

Mrs. Restless22
    Buy a Chevy?

Mountainstone
    What brand of truck?
    On the GM 3/4-ton trucks, you can reverse the overload spring in the leaf spring pack to smooth the ride in the rear. Some claim to like the ride of different shocks compared to stock, but that is subjective.

Deano
    4 link and bag it....it will ride like cadi

bear down
    What air pressure do you guys run on your bags when not towing..I have my bags empty. I have a Duramax shortbed 2500.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast