Seems to be to many people.I counted 14
    Safe Yes, Legal... No
    RD

YeLLowBoaT
    Safe Yes, Legal... No
    RD
    um its not even safe...

RiverToysJas
    I think it depends if he exceeded the weigh limit on the cert card, and if he has lifejackets for all souls on board (I count 12 in the boat and two on the dock).
    I've heard of 13 or so on a 21' Lavey....plus Neva and couple coolers.
    RTJas

HM
    Passenger load calculation by the coast guard is : boat length times boat width divided by 15.
    That boat is 20.5 long and 98 inches wide. which equals 11.16 or 11. I have that exact mastercraft and the plate says 11, so the calculation is correct.
    But there is also a max weight calculation which is simply the max passengers multiplied by 150 lbs - 1,650 - which is also on the plate of our boat.
    Now, these people are not exceeding weight, but they are exceeding passengers. Is it unsafe? How? Boat's handling is not compromised as they are underweight. is someone blocking or hindereing the view of the driver that wouldn't be normally? What kind of driving are the doing...in that pic they are only sitting at a dock. Is the driver seasoned?
    I'd say just a stupid post, IMO.

RiverDave
    um its not even safe...
    uuummmm I'd argue that it is.. People are ballasting those ski boats with 2 - 3000 pds (with lead and water) and still packing them 10 people and coolers with little if any issues..
    That guys swimstep isn't even under the water yet, the guys on wakeworld run em ankle deep with ballast and then put people in em!!
    RD

RiverToysJas
    Passenger load calculation by the coast guard is : boat length times boat width divided by 15.
    COOL! - 22.75' X 88" / 15 = 133.4 people in my Lavey!!!
    RTJas (yes I know )

killerbeez
    The 2 guys on the dock did board the boat and take off up river.It just looked pretty dangerous to me have that many passengers on that small of a boat.I am sorry Holymoly,I did not mean to offend you with my stupid post.

RiverToysJas
    I am sorry Holymoly,I did not mean to offend you with my stupid post.
    Yeah, in the future, if you could run your posts by Holy Moly via PM before actually posting them for the public, that'd be swell.
    RTJas

blown65
    Ive never had that many in my rollbar boat but I have had 6 ppl plus about 2k lbs of ballast and besides being pretty slow it handled pretty darn well. (weight balance is key, lol)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast