Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes The howard Bullet Hull so efficient?

Hotcobra270
    I read "the fastest bullet" tread plus the "bullet VS .." thead.
    I'm just curious what makes this hull so good?
    My cobra is about 300 pounds heavier, but its about 5 MPH slower with
    a 496ho Vs a 28 bullet with an 496HO. i dont think 300 pounds will slow me down that much.
    In theory, if Im 5 Mph slower, I would have to increase my HP to about 85 Additional ponies to be at where the 28 bullet runs correct?
    I'm just wondering why new builders havent copied the bottom of the hull yet..
    I could be wrong here..
    What do you think?

eliminatedsprinter
    One reason I have heard and read is that they are all very, very well made and blue print straight (and they tend to stay that way). The other reason is because of the euro-style swim step. Example, the 28 bullet measures 28 ft from the bow tip to the end of the swim step. Thus, it actually has the wt and the running surface of a 26 footer......

Havasu_Dreamin
    I read "the fastest bullet" tread plus the "bullet VS .." thead.
    I'm just curious what makes this hull so good?
    My cobra is about 300 pounds heavier, but its about 5 MPH slower with
    a 496ho Vs a 28 bullet with an 496HO. i dont think 300 pounds will slow me down that much.
    In theory, if Im 5 Mph slower, I would have to increase my HP to about 85 Additional ponies to be at where the 28 bullet runs correct?
    I'm just wondering why new builders havent copied the bottom of the hull yet..
    I could be wrong here..
    What do you think?
    It's just the way Mike Willen designed the bottom.....he knows his stuff and he and his father Gene are great people to deal with.....

plaster dave
    It's just the way Mike Willen designed the bottom.....he knows his stuff and he and his father Gene are great people to deal with.....
    I second that.

djunkie
    Exactly. But the way the Bullet hulls handle is the best part of them. More than speed IMO.

phebus
    Narrow beam also.

Cole Trickle
    Great efficent boat.....bar none the smallest 28 footer you have ever seen. Every time I tie up to one it makes my 28' boat look like a 30'+
    I would love a closed deck bullet with a 525!!!:devil:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I know of one For Sale, closed deck all red and you may be able to switch out the motor for a 525.....

rodnjen
    Great efficent boat.....bar none the smallest 28 footer you have ever seen. Every time I tie up to one it makes my 28' boat look like a 30'+
    I thought it was just me, they aren't quite as stout as some of the competition. I like that personally.
    I also think that balance has a great deal to do with the efficiency and handling. I know they spent a lot of time to get just right.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Narrow beam also.
    Not by much as it is 100" only an inch smaller than a DCB 28 Extreme.....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast