Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wife drove the boat for the 1st time tonight

John.
    and she did a great job! she's going to start practicing so she can do a 'girls day out' on the boat. I'm nervous about it, but with some practice I'm sure that she'll do just fine. she made some good low speed turns dropping the trim tabs and also did some good gentle 60-70mph turns too. got all the way up to 80mph on a straight stretch. remembered to check all the guages and fluids and such. I'm proud! Next time we're talking about to moving up to taking the boat off the trailer. :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Napanutt
    Can she back the trailer,consistently,thats our biggest issue ...my better half can't back...(take the good with the bad)...

Devil's Advocate
    and she did a great job! she's going to start practicing so she can do a 'girls day out' on the boat. I'm nervous about it, but with some practice I'm sure that she'll do just fine. she made some good low speed turns dropping the trim tabs and also did some good gentle 60-70mph turns too. got all the way up to 80mph on a straight stretch. remembered to check all the guages and fluids and such. I'm proud! Next time we're talking about to moving up to taking the boat off the trailer. :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
    Well if taking the boat on and off the trailer is the hard part, then I'm going to have to try my hand at driving the damn thing since I already launch it. Good for her.

YeLLowBoaT
    let me know when she is going to be doing this... so I can stay off the lake...

Devil's Advocate
    let me know when she is going to be doing this... so I can stay off the lake...
    I don't think Havasu is big enough for me to practice driving...

YeLLowBoaT
    I don't think Havasu is big enough for me to practice driving...
    Folsom lake is just a little bit smaller then havasu...

pw_Tony
    Grew up putting a Jet Boat with no skeg on a trailer since a kid.... since then every boats been with ease
    Next thing is she's gonna wanna take it out for Girls trip

Devil's Advocate
    Folsom lake is just a little bit smaller then havasu...
    Hmmm...maybe Lake Superior, that should be enough room for me.

YeLLowBoaT
    Hmmm...maybe Lake Superior, that should be enough room for me.
    lake pacific, just keep the bow pointed west
    Actaully, its the idiots you have to watch out for. If you keep scaning and avoid the idiots like the plague, you will be fine.

riverbound
    Going straight and doing some turns is the easy part even getting it up to 80 in a straight, anyone could do. I would make sure she get the boat ON the trailer getting it off the trailer is easy.
    Also being abe to dock is VERY important.
    Being able to read water conditions
    there are so many things......I guess thats why my ex just let me drive all the time :idea:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast