Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy, Do people really pay the mark-up price?

Trailer Park Casanova
    In purchasing our Z06 'Vette, we got quotes from $10.000 over sticker to $3500 under MSRP.
    Do people just walk in and quietly pay the mark-ups?
    No haggle, no hassle, just write the check and drive off?
    Our friends at the Corvette factory said most the 'Vettes coming off the line are for dealer stock as opposed to customer ordered cars rolling down the line, a sign sales are slow, prices are very negotiable we're told. Seems to be true.
    I couldn't live with myself knowing I paid too much for my ride.
    Chevy lowered the Corvette price a few years back and it murdered the resale value on the c5's.
    Owners took an additional beating.
    Do people just not bat an eye and pay the mark-up?

ratso
    When I was selling cars, I went for the jugular... always...

Xlration Marine
    Vettes are a dime a dozen. I never pay th sticker. Not even on a Bimmer. When the new M3 (e46) came out dealers were holding to the sticker and higher. Some peolpe were stupid enough to pay it. One lady went to Costco and boght heres for less than sticker. The funny thing with that is she didn't have to waite for the car like most had to do. I've seen vettes and cady's around here reduced 10k-20k. Heck they said the still ha 06 cady's. It might be a status thing to paay to much, or just plain stupidity. These scumbag sales man make it a game to see who makes the most off a deal and they get to keep that little tittle for the month. I was told by my brothers boy that a friend of his made $15,000.00 off one deal. And then he said I should go there to get a new truck . I don't think so. I myself hate the game thatthey play. If they piss me off in the first five minutes I walk, and then they call me back tp kiss my azz. Shop around buddy, shop around.

RiverToysJas
    Speaking of Corvettes.......Why do they build white corvettes? If you're looking for a white car, don't buy a corvette...it just tells everyone you're unclear about the concept of the Vette.
    ....and there's no reason to pay a dealer markup on any car IMO.
    RTJas

ratso
    Vettes are a dime a dozen. I never pay th sticker. Not even on a Bimmer. When the new M3 (e46) came out dealers were holding to the sticker and higher. Some peolpe were stupid enough to pay it. One lady went to Costco and boght heres for less than sticker. The funny thing with that is she didn't have to waite for the car like most had to do. I've seen vettes and cady's around here reduced 10k-20k. Heck they said the still ha 06 cady's. It might be a status thing to paay to much, or just plain stupidity. These scumbag sales man make it a game to see who makes the most off a deal and they get to keep that little tittle for the month. I was told by my brothers boy that a friend of his made $15,000.00 off one deal. And then he said I should go there to get a new truck . I don't think so. I myself hate the game thatthey play. If they piss me off in the first five minutes I walk, and then they call me back tp kiss my azz. Shop around buddy, shop around.
    Oh I'm sure there is more to the story than that... What was it? What kind of demand was there for it? Look at the idiots and the I Phones in comparison...
    I remember when the 4X4 Powerstroke 4 Doors hit the market... People were paying stupid money for them... Was that the salesman's fault? Don't think so... Anything in demand is gonna bring top dollar and then some. If the consumer is that stupid, may as well make some money off of them.

RiverToysJas
    If the consumer is that stupid, may as well make some money off of them.
    So...... :idea: If it's OK to take money from stupid people, why not just scam retards all day?
    RTJas

Glamasu
    So...... :idea: If it's OK to take money from stupid people, why not just scam retards all day?
    RTJas
    I think the goverment has that market locked up....

OCMerrill
    I think dealerships run of the premise that there is a sucker born every minute.
    I do remember a friend of mine buying a Dodge Charger SRT8 when they first came out. He went to many dealers before he found one that would sell it for just sticker less that $5k markup on the windows of all the others he looked at.
    Even the dealer he bought a Viper from a year earlier told him $5K over. There is no dealer loyalty. Only the rare case of a decent salesman. We have a few of those here.

77charger
    If people are feel they have to have that car right away before everyone else let them get suckered into paying more than sticker they might have the money to do so but stupid on the otherhand for paying more than msrp

77charger
    Speaking of Corvettes.......Why do they build white corvettes? If you're looking for a white car, don't buy a corvette...it just tells everyone you're unclear about the concept of the Vette.
    ....and there's no reason to pay a dealer markup on any car IMO.
    RTJas
    we all know if they made a rainbow one you would be first in line for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast