Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buena Vista just got smaller

LUVNLIFE
    We went to BV today to run the boat, have some beers and work on the tan. Now I know some of you can't stand the place but there are others that like to get the boat wet there. Anyway the ones that have been there know how the layout is where you round the east end, start running west and then the PWC area kinda starts off the shore and the buoys run into the boat area and parallel with it right. Well now those buoys that run with the boat area run all the way to the east end of the lake Not only that but they run from island to island from the second island back all the way to the end creating a dead end for the boat area as you have to turn between the third and second to the last islands. It looks as though they will make this dead end area a no wake zone as the buoys are off to the side. They just took a major chunk of the lake and killed it for boating. WTF There were not even that many PWC and besides I saw no less than three off them off in the boat area merrily on their way We needed all the room we could get to get away from the rollbar boats Kinda crappy deal.
    On a good note it was a great day and not to crowded. Got a bitchen spot on the beach with some nice sand for the kids to play in. All that and the boat ran great

RitcheyRch
    That sucks. Wonder if they going to start allowing the watercraft in that area. I dont mind BV when it isnt crowded. Wish had known you guys were going as would have joined you.
    Thinking about hitting Castaic tomorrow.

JetBoatRich
    They must be trying to attract lake lice

LUVNLIFE
    That sucks. Wonder if they going to start allowing the watercraft in that area. I dont mind BV when it isnt crowded. Wish had known you guys were going as would have joined you.
    Thinking about hitting Castaic tomorrow.
    I thought you were going to Castaic on Saturday. Def wasn't crowded yesterday.

LUVNLIFE
    They must be trying to attract lake lice
    At least they are keeping them corraled still Except for the occasional breakaway.

RitcheyRch
    WAs going to go but didnt get a chance to get the boat out of storage and with Kim being gone it makes doing those types of things a little tougher.
    I thought you were going to Castaic on Saturday. Def wasn't crowded today

IT'SONLYMONEY
    We went to BV today to run the boat, have some beers and work on the tan. Now I know some of you can't stand the place but there are others that like to get the boat wet there. Anyway the ones that have been there know how the layout is where you round the east end, start running west and then the PWC area kinda starts off the shore and the buoys run into the boat area and parallel with it right. Well now those buoys that run with the boat area run all the way to the east end of the lake Not only that but they run from island to island from the second island back all the way to the end creating a dead end for the boat area as you have to turn between the third and second to the last islands. It looks as though they will make this dead end area a no wake zone as the buoys are off to the side. They just took a major chunk of the lake and killed it for boating. WTF There were not even that many PWC and besides I saw no less than three off them off in the boat area merrily on their way We needed all the room we could get to get away from the rollbar boats Kinda crappy deal.
    On a good note it was a great day and not to crowded. Got a bitchen spot on the beach with some nice sand for the kids to play in. All that and the boat ran great
    i believe it is just for this week since they are all sold out and expecting a hudge turn out
    let's hope anyways

LUVNLIFE
    I never gave that a thought but that is alot of money to spend on buoys and placement. Let's hope but they have been having sold out holiday weekends there for years and I've never seen that.

Beer-30
    Yeah, Cale, Cindi and I found that out yesterday. Same as you, we were fat, dumb and happy just cruising along at 45. Come to the end and start my sweeping turn. Suddenly, two other boats ahead of us are turning back towards us. We all three of us just went single-file back to the first island that you can turn through.
    Would have been nice to have a heads-up, eh? That's a head-on waiting to happen.

LUVNLIFE
    Hey Paul what time were you out there. We were there at 6:30 pulled out at 2:00 and didn't see you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast