Thread: Hole shot

UltraJet
    Just curious how most of you guys handle your takeoffs. Do you guys generally trim all the way down to get on plane quicker?? Is it bad on the engine/pump to takeoff with the diverter up a bit?? I'm not after popping wheelies but it's fun to shoot water all over the place.

MADDOG355
    It really depends on the boat and power.
    My heavy Howard with stock 455 power, I trim all the way down to get it on plane a little faster.
    My buddy has a light 18' jet with a pretty strong sbc, And he can leave his straight or even up a little and it is on plane in nothing flat.

Jet Hydro
    I just "stand on it" and let all 1200hp fly

SmokinLowriderSS
    If I am trimmed down, she hole-shots flatter and somewhat quicker. No hole-digging to climb out of. Just as soon as we are moving tho, I am on the diverter power trimming up to lift her and we are gone.

OKIE-JET
    In my heavy, trim down on takeoff, then up for speed. In my light, anything goes.

VAMI
    I take off in the fourth notch from the top on the control lever and it hits the chip at 7000 then flatens out then i move it up 2 more

kp216
    What Smokin' said.

Danhercules
    In my Southwind if I wanted to get up fast I would have the diverter down. If I was payin around, I would take off with it up and throw water. If I took off too hard with it up, I would unload, so be carfull of that.