Thread: Mopar-wallet Vs Street Motor

alchemist43
    Bought A 72 Sanger With A Cracked Block And Attempted To Blow It Up On The First Run-no Luck. It Just Would Not Go Over 70, Did Not Attempt The Bottle. Tear Down Revealed A Cast Crank, Flat Top Pistons, Nice Heads, Solid Lifters, Blah, Blah, Blah.
    The Connundrum-i Can Buy A Medium Built 440 Today From An Associate And Stage The Cracked Block To Heavily Aspirate Later And Be Back On The Water By The Weekend, However This Motor Was Built For A Drag Car-10.5\1 By Roseville Machine-what Sort Of Concerns To Put A Street Drag Motor In A V-drive?
    Besides The Normal Oiling Concerns Of The 440 Are There Tolerance Issues Going From Street To Marine?
    Thanx For Your Feedback
    No Incredibly Cute Paraphrasing Here

wsuwrhr
    Huh?
    Bought A 72 Sanger With A Cracked Block And Attempted To Blow It Up On The First Run-no Luck. It Just Would Not Go Over 70, Did Not Attempt The Bottle. Tear Down Revealed A Cast Crank, Flat Top Pistons, Nice Heads, Solid Lifters, Blah, Blah, Blah.
    The Connundrum-i Can Buy A Medium Built 440 Today From An Associate And Stage The Cracked Block To Heavily Aspirate Later And Be Back On The Water By The Weekend, However This Motor Was Built For A Drag Car-10.5\1 By Roseville Machine-what Sort Of Concerns To Put A Street Drag Motor In A V-drive?
    Besides The Normal Oiling Concerns Of The 440 Are There Tolerance Issues Going From Street To Marine?
    Thanx For Your Feedback

pw_Tony
    Thanx For Your Feedback
    Ummm... oiling issues?

infotraker
    I've got a bored 440 (454), 10.5 comp., good flat isky solid cam, tunnel in my 68 Schiada for about 30 years. No oiling probs, runs great. Ran a 426 wedge before that, no probs. Both had windage trays.

Marty Gras
    440 source.com!!!

alchemist43
    that was a wealth of data, hopefully i will get this back together by wednesday for a twilight run, see ya somewhere, six degrees
    hey info is that sly park?