Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard 28 Bullet "Possible Sale"

TPI
    I am hoping this will stay in the Hot Boat Forum for a bit and not get moved somewhere else(spam). Maybe this could just be a hypothetical discussion?
    Now that it has been moved, it is no longer hypothetical. The boat is for sale!
    Lets just say I have a friend that has a 2001 Howard 28 Bullet fully loaded with 2001 options on a triple axle trailer with an HP500 and approx 80 hours. If he was ever to sell it, I think he would ask $77K for it, "IF" it was for sale. I do not have any pictures of the boat, but it is a hard deck(closed bow) and it is almost an exact twin to the first one ever tested. It is white with blue and yellow. If you go to the powerboat mag web site, you will find pics of its twin from 2000-2001. This boat is very, very nice. Its been garaged it's whole life, and is in Havasu now. Seeing how this is all "hypothetical" I am curious to see if there would be any interested parties in this boat. Here is the link
    http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2001tests/apr4.php

djunkie
    Your killing me here GT. Too bad I really think I want an open bow. :cry:
    However I have seen this one in Havisu that I have to have. It white base color with blue and grey stripes. Seen it a few times now. Any idea who that may be?

roln 20s
    Sounds like a good package there GT Hypothetically...I think someone will jump up and be interested.
    Djunkie--you talking about this 28 Bullet? I got to see this one be delivered, plus seen it run up and down Havi a few times-- super nice
    Roln 20s

djunkie
    Sounds like a good package there GT Hypothetically...I think someone will jump up and be interested.
    Djunkie--you talking about this 28 Bullet? I got to see this one be delivered, plus seen it run up and down Havi a few times-- super nice
    Roln 20s
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=11346
    Yup!!!! Thats the one. I want this boat. Hopefully I'll run into the guy this summer out there. I wanna give him my number in case he wants to sell it in a year or 2. :rollside: :rollside:

TPI
    I like that boat a lot. That thing looks really cool. The Hypothetical boat is very nice also. The main difference between the one they tested and my friends boat is: none of the lines on my friends boat are straight, they are all curvey and wavey up close by design. It looks good and the gel is still like new.

NOTALENT
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=11346
    Yup!!!! Thats the one. I want this boat. Hopefully I'll run into the guy this summer out there. I wanna give him my number in case he wants to sell it in a year or 2. :rollside: :rollside:
    That's a bitchen boat. It would be nice. Wouldn't mind the closed bow for the ocean.

djunkie
    That's a bitchen boat. It would be nice. Wouldn't mind the closed bow for the ocean.
    If I wanted an ocean boat I'd go buy a Boston whaler on a galvanized trailer. That boat would stay in Havasu at my house and only be used in fresh water.
    Closed bow is my first choice also but I think I would be happier with the extra room of the open bow.

ChumpChange
    I want a closed bow.......but I got to get rid of my open bow first. Need a boat for the ocean here is SoCal.
    Are Howards good for the ocean?? J/K. Don't want to start that discussion, arguments are for the sandbar.

hotlavey
    I am hoping this will stay in the Hot Boat Forum for a bit and not get moved somewhere else(spam). Maybe this could just be a hypothetical discussion?
    Lets just say I have a friend that has a 2001 Howard 28 Bullet fully loaded with 2001 options on a triple axle trailer with an HP500 and approx 80 hours. If he was ever to sell it, I think he would ask $77K for it, "IF" it was for sale. I do not have any pictures of the boat, but it is a hard deck(closed bow) and it is almost an exact twin to the first one ever tested. It is white with blue and yellow. If you go to the powerboat mag web site, you will find pics of its twin from 2000-2001. This boat is very, very nice. Its been garaged it's whole life, and is in Havasu now. Seeing how this is all "hypothetical" I am curious to see if there would be any interested parties in this boat. Here is the link
    Gary, what other options might there be on a hypothetical Howard. I read that the one tested had Bennett Tabs and not K's. Would it also have full hydraulics? XZ drive? Covers? What would I do with my 2750?
    Thanks, Tom(I tried to buy the Whipple)

TPI
    Tom,
    The hypothetical Howard would have the following
    HP500 w/ AZSM Monblade and MSD (approx 80 hrs)
    Standard Bravo Drive/Gimbal(not an X, XZ, or XR)
    Hot and cold running water off of the transom
    IMCO dual ram Hyd Steering
    Leather interior/ seats under the bow
    TV(no inverter)
    Sony Stereo
    Bennett Sport Tabs(Dont need them, throw them away )
    Powder coated seat bases
    Tilt helm
    Dual batteries
    Triple axle trailer with wide package and chrome fenders
    Switchable exhaust
    2 Deck hatches, centered in the bow
    cabin fans
    I think thats about it. The boat is nice. $77K would be a good hypothetical asking price
    Drop an 800 or 900 in this thing and it would be running hard! Hypothetically speaking of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast