Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a 12* split case

Schiada Time
    Does anyone have a good clean 12 degree split case Casale they want to part with? My Schiada has a C-500 and I am thinking of upgrading. Looking for something in good shape and ready to drop in my boat and go. I want to be able to dial my boat in better with trying different ratios. I currently have a 22 Schiada with a 502 BBC (502 HP) with a Turbo 400 Trans and 10 percent gears in the V-drive spinning a 11.5x15 Menkens 3 blade prop. I know the prop needs cup on the trailing edges of the blades but I am leaving efficency on the table with the current gears.
    ST

Unchained
    I have a 12 degree Casale and wouldn't mind changing to a 10 degree with a whirlaway.
    If you find something that will suit me my 12 degree could go but probably not until the end of the season. Mines got 32% gears in it now.
    I'll have to change the engine and trans mounts a little.

steveo143
    I have one that I will go through. 18% gears. Also have a C-500 with 22% gears. steve @ 714 883-1715. Out the door in an hour heading for Camp Far West for the 4th. Will be driving the rebuilt TFH "Red Baron". It's a Bitz/Deaver with KB all alum. 565 cu. 1471 blown alchohol. Father's Day was it's maiden voyage but we didn't push it too hard.

79 Howard
    Schiada, don't waste your time and money because after you are finished you are still having to much of a angle to your prop and won't gain anything except debt and working on your boat. I just did what you are going to do and should have spent the money and time on 10degree with all the hassle it is and would have got a much better running boat instead of the opportunity to change gears at a affordable price. I still need 25's anybody[repo man]

Schiada Time
    Steve- How much for the C-500 with the 22% gears? If the unit is clean and in good shape I could see this being a viable option if the $$$ is right. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. I am in Fullerton, CA.
    Travis

lilrick
    Schiada, don't waste your time and money because after you are finished you are still having to much of a angle to your prop and won't gain anything except debt and working on your boat. I just did what you are going to do and should have spent the money and time on 10degree with all the hassle it is and would have got a much better running boat instead of the opportunity to change gears at a affordable price. I still need 25's anybody[repo man]
    Since the boat is already set up for a 12* box, how would throwing a 10* box in there save him time or money??? He would have to change way more hardware by installing a 10* box. I would stick with the original plan.

dmontzsta
    Since the boat is already set up for a 12* box, how would throwing a 10* box in there save him time or money??? He would have to change way more hardware by installing a 10* box. I would stick with the original plan.
    :devil:

lilrick
    Apples and oranges my friend. A flattie should have a 10.....

lilrick

wsuwrhr
    Yea?
    My Hondo sprint came with a 12 deg box, it was even "rebuilt", when you turned the shaft it sounded like the box was full of rocks.( )
    Tom Bentley rebuilt it all nicey nicey. Looks just like V-Drive Video's box.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast