Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody tow with a 07 Suburban?

yopengo
    Anybody tow with a 07 Suburban 1500 4wd? I really need more kid and dog space than my 5-passenger truck.
    Was thinking about the ¾ ton but it may be overkill for me.

AZJD
    Anybody tow with a 07 Suburban 1500 4wd? I really need more kid and dog space than my 5-passenger truck.
    Not sure if the boat in your profile is what you have, but it seems that a 1/2 ton would handle it. I would personally go with a 3/4 ton though. So much nicer of a tow and the tranny and rear end hold up a lot longer.

RiverOtter
    Nashvillebound tows his Magic Deck with an 07 Denali (Tahoe size) and loves it. Problem with the Burb is you can only get the 5.3. The Denali has the 6.2 and around 400HP. I think that motor should be an option on the Z71 or the LTZ or whatever they call it these days. I tow with an 02 Z71 Burb and aside from a sevier lack of HP the truck handles, brakes, and drives like a champ (maybe cause it's a Z71 and the suspension is a little stiffer). I just with it had more power. I have towed a 23' Chaparral from Buffalo to Chattanooga 900 miles and no issues. The new Burbs has 30 or 40 more hp so I can only imagine that are much better.

RiverOtter
    Not sure if the boat in your profile is what you have, but it seems that a 1/2 ton would handle it. I would personally go with a 3/4 ton though. So much nicer of a tow and the tranny and rear end hold up a lot longer.
    I thought the same thing too but I swear I read a post by Photoglu and he said to stick with the 1500 because the upgrade motor for the 2500 was only the 6.0 and the gross towing increase was insignificant. Maybe he'll chime in.

yopengo
    I thought the same thing too but I swear I read a post by Photoglu and he said to stick with the 1500 because the upgrade motor for the 2500 was only the 6.0 and the gross towing increase was insignificant. Maybe he'll chime in.
    I also read that on the chevy/gmc web site specs.

RiverOtter
    I also read that on the chevy/gmc web site specs.
    Ticks me off! Guess they are trying to differentiate Chevy vs GM

skisupreme
    I got an 07 Suburban 4x4, 5.3 with 4.10. Make sure you go with the 4.10, my friend got the 3.73 and shifts around alot. It tows my boat with no issues, weighs about 5k with trailer.

rodnjen
    We have been having the same talk at home. I have 2500hd with the 6.0 gasser and we love it but would like more space.
    I drove my co-workers 1/2 burb and I can't imagine towing with it, personally. I would look to the 3/4 with the 6.0 and 4.10, it is a great combo.
    I would like to hear what others are saying as well.

Lightning
    For what it costs to get a fully loaded tahoe or suburban you could get a Denali with a 6.2 and be much better off. It has a ton more power, and a 6 speed tranny with tow mode and gear selector, air suspension in the rear. I have one and love it.

Krumbsnatcher
    I have the LTZ with ride stablizing and there tow package on mine. I pull a magic 29 wizard around town no problem. If i were to tow the boat a long distance i would probably be at the max limit.
    But hey the boat nevers leaves havasu and it also pulls my buddies F29 with twins out no problem.
    If this is going to be a daily driver, i would check into the tahoe. Suburbans are a pain in the ass to park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast