Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the difference in the degrees of a casale?

Running_on_Empty
    what is the difference in the degrees of a casale?

WannabeRacing
    Uh, the angle from the incoming shaft to the output shaft. One is 12 degrees from each other, and one is 10 degrees.

Running_on_Empty
    what are the advantages

The 10 degree angle box will give your boat a little more forward push vs. a little more upward push with the 12 degree box... Hope that helps...
    Steve

stickmann
    Don't forget the eight degree.
    The lower the angle, the lower you can place the engine in the boat; especially with a solid splined drive line. A lowered engine is very effective in circle boats.

The 10 degree angle box will give your boat a little more forward push vs. a little more upward push with the 12 degree box... Hope that helps...
    Is that correct? I would think that the forward push is determined by the angle of the strut.
    But that brings up another question. Why are the angles of the strut and box different? I have a Sanger with an 8 strut and a 12 box. Is that the best set-up?

fc-pilot
    Slow450, you are right in the fact that it is the angle of the strut (therefore directions of the push of the prop) that makes the difference in performance. They were referring to the point that steep angled setups usually go with a 12 degree v-drive. Also, most shallow angles often times have a 10degree v-drive. In your case you have a good strut angle but have the 12 degree box (which is not a bad thing) it just means that you have to use u-joints or else you engine will sit up quite high in the boat. I know the circle boys like to keep the engine down as much as possible to keep a low center of gravity. I guess the big question for you is does your boat work. If it does then there is not need to change. The benefit to change would be to eliminate u-joints by going to a solid drive shaft or the fact that 10 degree gears are a little easier to find.
    Paul

adjones419
    In my Hondo runnerbottom, I'm running a 10 degree Casale with a 7 degree strut. The idea is to keep the propshaft as "flat" as possible (or as parallel to the water surface as possible).

Thanks Paul
    I can't say how my boat works, been a hanger queen for the last 15 years.

Thanks Paul... I knew that I didn't explain it worth a crap... Mayabe I should just go back to just reading
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast