Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu neighbor keeps calling the cops

bohica
    I have a neighbor that keeps calling the cops on me for noise complaints. I usually like to fire the BBQ up when I get off the lake and turn the stereo on in the Rhino to keep us entertained. I'm talking in the 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm time range, and not really that loud, about 1/2 volume. Every single time, one of Havasu's finest will drive up to the house and says they received a noise complaint and to turn it off. It's really starting to piss me off. This morning it was at 11:00 am, while washing the car, another visit from the cops. I very politely asked the cop what the law was, and he said any noise complaint no matter what time, and I'll have to turn it off.
    Anyone familiar with the laws in Havasu? Does this old grouchy neighbor, across the street and 4 house down really have the right to complain, no matter what time or what volume. All my immediate neighbors have never complained, and most will stop by for a beer or two.

YeLLowBoaT
    Do you know who it is??? if so I would go talk to them...and look for code violations to call on them...

Havasu Carrera
    Wow I feel for you. That crap is why I was so excited to move To Havasu.
    I got lucky and my neighbors keep pounding on my door wanting to hang out or go boating. HECK! one came by a few trips ago and handed me a blended drink just out of no where. Thanks Keith! Maybe give your neighbors a break and use my BBQ and STEREO !!! Sorry to rant but I feel for you. Your neighbors should have bought in Donkey Acres. Bunch of asses.

Mrs.Racer277
    Geez that would suck....I guess we have been lucky

Mrs.Racer277
    Wow I feel for you. That crap is why I was so excited to move To Havasu.
    I got lucky and my neighbors keep pounding on my door wanting to hang out or go boating. HECK! one came by a few trips ago and handed me a blended drink just out of no where. Thanks Keith! Maybe give your neighbors a break and use my BBQ and STEREO !!! Sorry to rant but I feel for you. Your neighbors should have bought in Donkey Acres. Bunch of asses.
    LMAO

trawfish
    I have a neighbor that keeps calling the cops on me for noise complaints. I usually like to fire the BBQ up when I get off the lake and turn the stereo on in the Rhino to keep us entertained. I'm talking in the 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm time range, and not really that loud, about 1/2 volume. Every single time, one of Havasu's finest will drive up to the house and says they received a noise complaint and to turn it off. It's really starting to piss me off. This morning it was at 11:00 am, while washing the car, another visit from the cops. I very politely asked the cop what the law was, and he said any noise complaint no matter what time, and I'll have to turn it off.
    Anyone familiar with the laws in Havasu? Does this old grouchy neighbor, across the street and 4 house down really have the right to complain, no matter what time or what volume. All my immediate neighbors have never complained, and most will stop by for a beer or two.
    Section 9.12.010 Loud music or animals.
    It is a public nuisance and unlawful for any person owning a residence or operating or in
    control of any restaurant, hotel, dancehall, show, store or any place of public amusement,
    entertainment or accommodation, to play or permit to be played any music or musical instrument
    or instruments, whether played by individuals, orchestra, radio, phonograph, music or other
    mechanical device or means, or maintain any animal in a loud or unusual manner as to be
    offensive to the senses, or so as to disturb the slumbers, peace and quiet or otherwise interfere
    with or annoy the comfortable enjoyment of life or property of any considerable number of
    persons in the neighborhood, and is no less a nuisance because the extent of the annoyance
    inflicted is unequal. (Prior code § 7-1-10(A))
    Section 9.12.040 Annoying noise generally.
    It is unlawful to make, cause or contribute to any noise or sounds of such volume or of such a
    nature as to cause annoyance to residents of the city. (Prior code § 7-1-10(D))

Daytona100
    Mount some cameras facing there house front and back annoys the shit out of people!!!!!!!!!!! Working or not they,ll hate it. Tell them you,ll tone it down when they quit calling the cops.

79centurion
    Just do what I did. My neighbor keep calling the cops on me, so at 3:00 in the morning I politely knocked on there door and asked them to stop. Amazingly enough they stopped.
    Dan

MudPumper
    Or you could just keep the noise down, comply with the laws and not annoy your neighbors. Just a thought.

TOBTEK
    I think you have a case towards the yahoo that built a rhino with that much stereo in it.... I mean come on, do you REALLY need 2200 watts, 8 seperates, and a 10" L7 Sub. FREAK!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...stereo_001.jpg
    hehehehehe...... buy your neighbor a lude

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast