Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A/C Guys Does Size Matter.............

KLEPTOW
    Now that I have your Attention:
    I am going to finally put A/C in the Havi Boat House/ Garage 34X50X10. I’m strongly leaning towards using one of the “Ductless Mini Split Systems” unless I uncover something to steer me away from them before I pull the trigger.
    I have couple of questions:
    1. Do I go with the new SEER 21 over SEER13 units, is it worth the extra cash$$ almost double on some size units.
    2. If anyone is familiarly with these units, should I install the inside unit on my back wall or center it on the ceiling.
    3. HereÂ’s the big question do I install 2 smaller BTU units (12000 to 24000) or one larger BTU unit (36000 to 60000).
    I like the smaller two unit deal, cuz IÂ’m all about redundancy unless thereÂ’s some other factor IÂ’m not considering.
    Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    -Brian

Xlration Marine
    The high the seer the better. But figue on 2 ton for every 1,000 sguare feet. So for this you will need to have 3 ton. Now what size other than seer is this unit?

KLEPTOW
    I was thinking 2 1-Ton units 12000 to 18000 btu in size. Total cost about 2200.00 dollars.
    Also i'm not trying to cool my boat house down to 72 dezgrez 75-78 is fine with me.

Whether to go with one or two units is personal preference. I think if it were me, I would set up two units in my garage. As for efficiency, everyone will have an opinion on this. Some informed, some not so much. The cost of equipment for 18+ seer equipment is waaayyyyyyy more to purchase than 13 seer. Payback on that is a long time. 10+ years depending on how often you use it. You can get cooling cost comparison charts on line and make a decision if you think it's worth it. Unless you use it all year long, many hours a day, the payback just isn't there. Save the two thousand extra dollars you would spend on equipment and use it for boat gas
    mrll

Havasu1986
    I put a swamp cooler on top of my RV garage which I hardly use. I bought a portable swamp cooler that hooks up to my garden hose for about $500 that I use all the time when I'm watching TV out in the garage.

KLEPTOW
    I put a swamp cooler on top of my RV garage which I hardly use. I bought a portable swamp cooler that hooks up to my garden hose for about $500 that I use all the time when I'm watching TV out in the garage.
    I've had the portable swampee for a couple years now don't like the maintenance on it, or the added work to the boat when it blows out all of the white shit.

Havasu1986
    I've had the portable swampee for a couple years now don't like the maintenance on it, or the added work to the boat when it blows out all of the white shit.
    I haven't had those problems at all. Knock on wood.

KLEPTOW
    Had I known about these Ductless Mini Split Systems 2 years ago, when I bought my portable swampee, well I wouldnÂ’t be asking questions now.

Xlration Marine
    I was thinking 2 1-Ton units 12000 to 18000 btu in size. Total cost about 2200.00 dollars.
    Also i'm not trying to cool my boat house down to 72 dezgrez 75-78 is fine with me.
    This sound's good. I went from a 12 seer to a 19 1/2 on my house, with a 2 speed fan. It doesn't work near as hard as the old 12 seer did. And I did notice a bigh change in $$$$$ on my bill. And I keep my house at 75, I like it cool.

KLEPTOW
    This sound's good. I went from a 12 seer to a 19 1/2 on my house, with a 2 speed fan. It doesn't work near as hard as the old 12 seer did. And I did notice a bigh change in $$$$$ on my bill. And I keep my house at 75, I like it cool.
    That's cool, and just the kind of input I wanted to hear.
    Is your 19 seer the new inverter technology?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast