Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: car dealer creep

Tom N
    My 24 year old daughter and I buy a used Honda from an AutoNation dealership in Clearwater, FL. A few days later the finanace guy uses her personal contact info to call her, make very inappropriate comments and asks her to meet her him. He tells her he is married, but getting divorced. He then made a couple of very lewd remarks. She told him the call was inappropriate and asked him not to call again. He then said he needs to see her and and called her 4 more times today... she did not pick up.
    *note my daughter is 24 he said he is 36, he also weighs in at about 3 bills*
    My daughter is very concerned, as am I, she was a victim of a stalker before. So she is very scared...as I am I. A scumbag broke into her condo and held her at gunpoint for 45 minutes last year. ( that creep is doing 7 years in FL State Prison for his crime against her) The ordeal deal was very trumatic for all of us, thank God she survived.
    I called the creep and he denies everything even though I told him we have a record of his calls on her cell phone caller ID. I then told him I need the name of the dealership GM and he gave me a name...when I called back I found out the name he had given me was of a used car manager, not the dealerships GM . I'm sure the guy was just a buddy who would cover for him.
    Anyway... I don't care about anything other than my daughters safety. My plan is to contact AutoNation's corporate offices HR department to see if this creep is a threat or not. If they will tell me anything.
    I really want to drop in on him and kick the crap out of him. But again, I just am concerned about my daughters safety.
    Any ideas on how i can find out if this guy is really a threat with a record or just a fat slob of human garbage?
    What would you guy's do?

ratso
    I'd report him, but I highly doubt he's a threat. There are a ton of creeps in that line of work... no offense to others here that are in the car biz, as I am myself... but I'm sure he is harmless...

Boatcop
    Take out an Order of Protection. Have it served at his workplace. Make a police report on the harrassment. No contact in person, by phone or through 3rd party. Can't come within 200 yards of her home or work.
    Granted it's just a piece of paper, but if he continues to call, you can have him arrested.

YeLLowBoaT
    check megans law web site for FL... I doubt he is on it, but you never know... other then that I would make one call to my lawyer and let her handle( 95% of her partice sexually harrasment...) I'd give her about 2 hours before that guys head was on a sliver platter. He used privlaged infromation to contact her... might as well just give her the car... I'm not saying I would go strait to suing them, but letting them know that your lawyer is bighting at the bit to go after them, will make things go alot smoother.
    At the very least I would file a police report and go pay him and his boss a vist.

Jbb
    I would also figure out a way to record the conversation the next time he calls her...

Mandelon
    Perhaps he is suggesting that el creepo grande has a prior record and could get into extra trouble for these current actions..?

Tom N
    Yes, most likely his biggest offense is being extremely tacky. But his aggresiveness and untruthfulness have me concerend enough to keep tabs on him.
    I have friends and relatives in the car dealer profession and do not think this behaivor is connected with the job. I think this guy is just a creep. My thread title should not have connected this d-bag to the profession of selling cars.
    I'm sorry.

ratso
    Doesn't anybody just hit anybody anymore?
    Speaking from experience... costly... very costly...

BadKachina
    I assume if the creep has access to her phone number than he has all the rest of her personal info, job, home address, etc. I would pay the dealer a little visit, I think they may owe you more than an appology at this point. I would also demand to have the creep present there too so that you can point out all the bad things that are going to happen if he continues to harrass your daughter.
    Why are people so fuked-up???????????

Jbb
    Speaking from experience... costly... very costly...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast