Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Isuzu Rodeo,1978 19ft Challenger, and San V hill

N02 Chevelle
    I have a 1992 Isuzu Rode with a 3.1 v6 and a 5 speed. I'm towing my 19 foot Challenger with a 454 bbc and dom jet. Do you think I'll make it up san V hill? Do you think I'll make it up the launch ramp when the day is done? I only have 1 wheel drive but it does have 30's with some agressive tread. I'm hopeing I'll make it. Any advice would be grand

code8
    that is one steep hill. i don't think i would chance it with the family inside going up in a v6. i know it's a small boat but gas/gear is heavy. if you try it, try to get a running start. i hate for you to bog down in the middle on a turn and have to try to back down it. it's not safe with the cliff next to you. i had a full size dodge with a v8 and it pulled it ok with our boat. i wouldn't want to chance it with anything smaller in my truck.

N02 Chevelle
    No family. It is a pretty burly hill. My truck can crawl pretty good in 1st. I think I'm gonna find a couple hills around here and stop in the middle of them to see if I can restart.

code8
    No family. It is a pretty burly hill. My truck can crawl pretty good in 1st. I think I'm gonna find a couple hills around here and stop in the middle of them to see if I can restart.
    Good idea!!!! Be safe. Also there's the river only 3 hours away from us. Weekend trip???????

N02 Chevelle
    So I went up a couple big hills. I stopped about half way up and then restarted. It didn't do half bad. Of course I really had to play with the clutch but all worked out. Any suggestions on the launch ramp?

boats&bars
    No offense but rent a 1/2 ton truck . your v6 suv is probably your daily driver
    and tow bills will by far be more than renting a truck.

N02 Chevelle
    I'm not old enough to rent a truck. Since you guys think San V is too much, how does the launch ramp and trip to El Cap look. Are they pretty steep?

It will do it. Just leave it in first and head up the hill and dont shift. I had the same boat, its light and wont be a problem for the Rodeo on that hill.
    F.J.

N02 Chevelle
    It will do it. Just leave it in first and head up the hill and dont shift. I had the same boat, its light and wont be a problem for the Rodeo on that hill.
    F.J.
    Thanks F.J. I figured I could do it. I think as a last resort I'll pull the air filter off Just kidding. Widow Maker here I come!!!

code8
    El Cap. will be a lot eaiser for your rodeo/v6. I recommend going there first. If all else fails, you could always prerun San Vin. with out the boat and get a feel for it. -Good Luck and be safe!
    Also, a lot of jet boats (including me) go to Martinez lake in Yuma AZ. Again, it's only 3 hours away and well worth the drive. A bunch of us are heading out this weekend (Julu 13-15th) for a weekend trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast