Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Night Boating, Not So Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not So Fast
    For as long as we have been boating we have never stayed out late (Once a long, long time ago) Everybody has always said "It's great, you should do it" so last nite we did. Maybe it was not a good time to do it because the lake and the channel were very crowded. So coming in around site six we were cut off no less than twice, the Mother f===ing bugs were horrible and Windsor was a cluster F--k!!!!!!!!!!! Between the drunks and the IDIOTS not knowing how to retreive a boat, it was a horrible experience, just horrible, never again Now I am off to clean the bazzilion gazzilion bugs off the boat, little bastards. How do you guys tolerate all of this, not fun at all NSF

TCN
    Wait until they are dead and use a fox tail broom and a shop vac. DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN THEM WHEN THEY ARE ALIVE. Their body fluids will stain your interior. I have done this and it is a huge mess. Luckily it was a different boat than our new one. Good luck.

Chipster27
    ....So coming in around site six we were cut off no less than twice...
    My friend lost his friend in boating accident at night in the same area. Night on the lake, coming around the corner near site 6 and a boat load of drunks t-bones him. He was killed and his wife and son suffer from numerous issues. Speculation has it group that caused the accident tried to sink the boat to hide the evidence.
    I have great memories of night boating 20 years ago, but we were down on the south end of the lake with a slip so it was real convenient.

Jyruiz
    1st time night boating for me was this past 4th of July, it wasn't that bad, but I went through the channel for that exact reason, drunks in the water. The Windsor ramp was not that bad, but we got there a little before the rush.

beaverretriever
    I hate to say it, we love cruising around the lake at night but not so much at Havazoo.
    We have had the boat out till midnight at Mead and it is just unbelievable. Super peaceful, warm, NO BUGs, and just awesome. We don't do it much but maybe 1-2 times a yr.

catman-do
    We have taken the boat out at night several times. I would never do it on a holidy weekend, thats just suicide. There are too many drunks, and then people that sit out in the water without their lights on etc... We usually do it on a thursday or friday night before everyone has had a chance to get stupid.

voodoomedman
    The bugs wasn't because it was night. There were bugs all over the middle of Windsor Basin on Thursday. We usually are never bothered by bugs on the lake. I want to do a night ride one time but I won't do it on a Friday or Saturday night or Holiday peak time for those exact same safety reasons. I wanted to do it Wednesday for the fireworks but I thought it would be crazy out there. Why are there some many fookin idiots on Havasu. It can be crowded without having drunken idiots but not on Havasu. Unbelievable.

SummerBreeze
    Night boating is very cool. Only if you don't need to get off the water when everyone else is.
    If you find yourself a peaceful cove to stay in a overnight. Boating at night can be a lot of fun.
    Mid week in havasu you will have the place to yourself.
    Go slow and be safe

Magic34
    You just did it wrong.
    Night boating for me... Anchor, fire up generator and turn A/C on, put up full enclosure to keep the bugs out, turn on the satellite TV, then fire up the BBQ on the swim deck, take a shower and then watch a movie in bed.
    OK... so I dont know how to put up the enclosure or pump out the tank on the boat yet, but that all sounds really good.

EmpirE231
    Isn't there a speed limit when boating at night??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast