Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18' v-drives for sale?

Magnuman
    I have been recently looking for a boat to purchase for my family to play and ski on. I bought an beautiful 18' Bubbledeck Sanger Jet last year but sold it due to the pounding I took in any short of light chop. I am looking for something that can handle a light chop in the 18' range that is a v-drive and preferrably with wet jacketed exhaust. I would appreciate any help regarding builders/models that would meet this criteria. My budget is up to $10,000 depending on engine and condition. I also don't have a problem with a project boat as long as the hull is able to handle the conditions that I have stated.
    Thanks.

HUFFPOWER
    you might want to think about a 19 or 20 ft mini v-drive cruiser,like a hallett,schiada or rayson-craft.ck the boat traderonline.

HavasuDreamin'
    I agree with huffpower. 20ft. mini cruiser, semi-vee is what you want. Most v-drives in the 18' range are flatbottoms. If you thought your 18' Sanger jet boat pounded, ride in a flatbottom and you will know the true meaning of taking a pounding (don't get me wrong, I love flats, just not good rough water boats). Good Luck.

Costello
    WTF?? I contacted magnuman when he was looking for a 21'. I had a 21' in the project stages for $6500. I have since installed a brand new crate style stock powerplant in it. It will be for sale also very shortly, after some shakedown to make sure everything is ship shape. I too think a 20-22' is the way to go for your desired application. A flat will beat you up more than that Super jet did. I have a boat which fits the criteria you are looking for, with a price somewhere in between your initial $10-15K range when you posted regarding cruisers.
    [This message has been edited by Costello (edited March 13, 2002).]

Magnuman
    I realize that a 21 daycruiser would be better in the rough, but I would really like to stay in the 18' range as I also have a 27'boat. I sold a 1967 18' Donzi 2+3 that could handle the rough stuff incredibally and I'm trying to find a compromise in between. I've never owned a v-drive and hopefully will find one that suits my needs. If not I'll go back to trying to find another Donzi.

Magnuman, If you think you are gonna find an 18 foot V-drive
    handles in Rough water
    is in your price range
    with a wet jacketed exhaust
    possibly a project boat
    I think you are in for a long wait. Why don't you just ask for someones heart on a plate. I could be wrong but I don't think such an animal exists. The boat that Costello has is very nice and fits your criteria almost to a T except for the 18 ft thing. Good luck

Costello
    Hell it even fits straight in a standard garage! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Sangerboy
    I agree with guru, 18 to 19' v-bottom v-drives do exist but they are not common so if you're not in a hurry you'll eventually find something, otherwise I would look for something I/O.

Sangerboy
    Dang icons, sorry that was supposed to be a thumbs up.

Stab-n-Steer
    I'm confused guys... Isn't this the "V-Drive" section? V-Drives and smooth rides do not go together. Magnuman should go for a ride in my little Beezer and than he would appreciate riding in a "normal" V-drive!
    Just get a tight fitting jock strap and a mouthpiece, buckle up the chin strap and enjoy!
    S&S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast