Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a 454 Chevy Block?

Mid-life Crisis
    The carnage continues!! I need another block for the K-boat. I figured I'd try the boards before I start shopping. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
    Steve

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Buy this and sell the tranny...
    says 50,000 miles and 4 bolt main (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/364588313.html)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Another possibility
    San Diego area (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/pts/366555140.html)

Steve.... Can you tell us what happened?
    Steve

Firecracker
    Sounds like you've been taking it in the ass for the past few months! :devil: How does it feel?

Firecracker
    Are you positively sure you need a new block? Have you had more than one person/ engine builder check it out? :idea:

Mid-life Crisis
    Sounds like you've been taking it in the ass for the past few months! :devil: How does it feel?
    LOL! Now I know what it feels like to be YOU!!:devil:
    The engine had an oil starvation problem, which is still unknown as to why... It snapped the No. 1 rod and broke the piston, the No. 5 rod shows extreme heat and was ready to let go. That piston is done as well. The cylinder wall in No. 1 is cracked pretty good and it might be able to be re-sleeved but I'm just going to start over. The cam and valve train is all good. The crank may be salvageable. Its getting maged right now and will know more next week. The oiling problem may have been caused by a bad fitup to the oil pump but I don't know yet...

Firecracker
    LOL! Now I know what it feels like to be YOU!!:devil:
    The engine had an oil starvation problem, which is still unknown as to why... It snapped the No. 1 rod and broke the piston, the No. 5 rod shows extreme heat and was ready to let go. That piston is done as well. The cylinder wall in No. 1 is cracked pretty good and it might be able to be re-sleeved but I'm just going to start over. The cam and valve train is all good. The crank may be salvageable. Its getting maged right now and will know more next week. The oiling problem may have been caused by a bad fitup to the oil pump but I don't know yet...
    Hey now! There is nothing wrong with a woman who likes a little luvin' from behind!
    I would still try to save that block... As long as the work is done right (and not by a dumb ass) you should not have a problem. If anything it would be good to get it fixed, and it keep around for a spare in a pinch.
    Good luck. And I think it is safe to say you are an official member of the Break Out Another Thousand club!

howardcruzr
    I've got a two bolt block with forged crank, peanut port heads, old edelbrock intake block is good shape but needs to be bored.
    $200 and for another $100 I will throw in a dooley v-drive pan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast