Thread: Bravo 1 help

jeff_n_amy951
    So we're at the lake and all is running fine,we go to pick a friend up at the dock and just as we leave the no wake zone we drop the hammer the boat takes off then a loud bang/thud type sound and no we're going no where.motor is running fine but the damn prop no spinny lol.We dont hear anything rattleing or banging around just no prop action.What could it be?? SS prop is fine no dings so we know we didn't hit anything.could it be just the cable that let loose?I took a look under the engine hatch and can see the cables moving but could it be broken further down (i wish) or is it a deeper issue then that..Thanx for all the help

Hotcobra270
    welcome to the club... those drives dont just break ...
    something went wrong..... get it checked out and pray its not he internals of the drive ... and dont ever ever slam the drive again!!

jeff_n_amy951
    Drive was not slammed in from a dead stop i was already running in gear crusing out of the no wake zone,all i did was throttle up and something let loose,is there anything that i could check for?? And thanx for the welcome to the boards...

YeLLowBoaT
    Drive was not slammed in from a dead stop i was already running in gear crusing out of the no wake zone,all i did was throttle up and something let loose,is there anything that i could check for?? And thanx for the welcome to the boards...
    I'd open the oil drain just a hair and see if there is metal in the gear oil... if there is, its going to cost you.

Jerrys59
    I bet you broke the up shaft that goes to the upper gearbox right below the spline