Thread: dropping fuel pressure

patrolman808
    At idle, I'm showing about 5 1/2 pounds. As the rpms go up, the pressure steadily drops to 0 at around 3500-4000 rpms. I've heard it could be the fuel filters I'm running, those clear "Spectre?" ones you get at Autozone. I've got a Holley blue pump with a Mallory regulator going to my 750 double pumper.

DMOORE
    Check the basics first. Install new filters and be sure your vent is working properly.
    Darrell.

jbone
    Something else to consider.
    My buddy spent a lot of time and money to figure a fuel pressure drop at wot. He had about 7lbs at idel and while cruising. When he mashed the pedal, the gauge bounced betweent 0 and 3lbs. However, no drop in performance or rpms.'
    We swapped gauges, and all of a sudden my boat began to drop pressure and his was fine. Diagnosis...bad gauge.
    J

condor tx 19
    im having a similar problem caused by some knid of sediment in one of my tanks. those clear filters plug up real easy. i put one of the big fram hpg1 filters on it and it works much better. it didnt take much to restrict the flow through the little filter. on mine you couldnt really even see anything stuck in it but i could see the element trying to suck in because it couldnt flow through.