Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: N.J.B.A. Bakersfield

Fired Up
    Hey Jim,
    Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. In 2nd place in two classes! Great! Sorry I missed this weekend, but I'm all set for May. Made a few changes to the boat that should get me past the 6000 mark. Then I can be the slowest boat at the Race. Got your tow vehicle fixed this time?
    Sam

BigBoyToys
    Fired Up:
    Hey Jim,
    Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. In 2nd place in two classes! Great! Sorry I missed this weekend, but I'm all set for May. Made a few changes to the boat that should get me past the 6000 mark. Then I can be the slowest boat at the Race. Got your tow vehicle fixed this time?
    Sam Good luck in May Sam. I won't be making that race...it's only 2 weeks away and I have to recover (financially) from the last race
    Kinda funny though that ya ask about the tow vehicle. We left the little truck at home this time and towed with the Suburban. Made it almost home after the races....about midnight, 12 miles from home, raining, windy, something went wrong and I burnt up a TON of wires in my dash and under the hood. Just got the thing back from the shop yesterday. Total costs for last weekend.... Getting the boat legal to race- $1200.00, $$ spent on entry fees, fuel, food, motel, etc- $1300.00, Suburban repairs- $700.00 for a grand total of $3200.00 for racing last weekend. That's kinda messed up..... Ain't no way I'm racing in 2 weeks again.
    But, glad to see you're gonna make the race. Good luck down there and let me know how ya did.
    And ALWAYS be safe.

Fired Up
    AAAGGGHHH! That hurts Jim. Sorry for the big hit you took. Hopefully the tow vehicle problems are behind you. Now it's just a matter of playing catch up with your wallet.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567